We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Top Ten India Tips
Top Ten Tips to travelling in India by Lucien, aged 8
1. Stay in the jeep, so you don’t get eaten by a tiger. Or a hyena
2. Remember that you can always order pizza, or jam and toast, if you don’t like curry.
3. It’s a good idea to bring your cricket bat because the Indians like cricket and they will play with you.
They will have the stumps.
4. There are lots of knick-knacks to buy but you have to bargin
5. Don’t worry about getting lost because most people speak English, and your guide will look after you.
6. Your guide will be friendly so don't worry about not making friends.
7. Remember to be patient at the Taj Mahal because your parents will want to take lots of photos.
8. Don’t be surprised if you see a cow in a station.
9. Don't be scared of heights because you will probably ride on an elephant. But Indian elephants are friendly.
10. Always remember your hand santiser. (Mum told me that one!)
Other blogs for this trip
- Insider's view: An Indian Summer
- Family Adventure Holiday Experiences from Cathy, Mark and Tom
- Text messages home from India (Tiger Trails and Taj)
- Experience Rick Stein's India with The Adventure Company
- 5 tips for packing the perfect rucksack for an adventure
- My family trip to North India
- India: Exploring the great north/south divide
- Tigers & the Taj Mahal by Honey - aged 10
- Africa isn't the only place that does safaris
- India blog - Tiger Trails and Taj Mahal
- Q&A with a globe trotting teenage
More blogs by this author
- Win a £100 Sports Direct Voucher in our Spot The Ball Competition
- Top 5 reasons to keep smiling about Thailand
- Family Holidays from The Adventure Company
- Find us on Facebook and other social networks
- Vote for your Facebook Adventure Holiday Image of 2013
- Take a look at a Turkey Family Holiday
- 5 Family Holiday Destinations with a Difference
- What to expect from a Kilimanjaro Trek
- What to expect from a Tanzania Safari
- Five unmissable sights on a Sri Lankan Holiday