The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
New Photographic Safari
A paradise for nature lovers, Tanzania’s big game and varied landscapes also make it an ideal destination for budding photographers of all ages to learn how to turn holiday snapshots into memorable photos.
To encourage enquiring minds to look at the country with new eyes, leading family adventure specialist The Adventure Company has introduced a new Safari & Spice – Young Photographer holiday this summer, aimed at families with children aged six upwards.
The 11-day trip will combine hands-on learning with a classic African adventure around Southern Tanzania. On the photographic safari families will make the most of the local wildlife and culture as they go on game drives in Mikumi and Saadani National Parks, visit vibrant markets and explore the winding streets of Zanzibar’s Stone Town.
Accompanied throughout by professional photographer Gail Ward, guests will have ample opportunity to learn the basics under her expert guidance and receive detailed feedback along the way. With a maximum group size of 16 and a series of wild photo challenges to help put these new-found skills into practice, families will return home with a new insight into some of the continent’s greatest wildlife and most exotic locations.
Staying in comfortable lodges throughout, great care has been taken to keep the balance between learning and holiday right. Whilst the tuition will closely follows the GCSE / Key Stage 4 Curriculum, Tanzania’s backdrop of mountains, national parks, white sand beaches and colourful cultural influences will undoubtedly prove a more stimulating classroom.
Claire Wilson, mum and Managing Director of The Adventure Company, explains: “The key to keeping the whole family stimulated on holiday is to combine must-see highlights with other memorable experiences so that everyone returns home inspired by what they’ve seen and done. Photography is an ideal way for children to learn to look at the world with fresh eyes and we hope our new family photography trip to Tanzania will help boost their confidence whilst encouraging them to get creative.”
Prices for the new Safari & Spice – Young Photographer holiday, departing 20 August 2011, start from £2649 adult / £2489 child. This includes international and domestic flights, transport, accommodation (2 nights hotel, 2 nights safari lodge, 3 nights tented lodge), most meals (8 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 5 dinners), expert tuition from a professional photographer and an experienced local group leader.
To find out more about The Adventure Company’s family photography holiday
call 0845 287 1198 or visit www.adventurecompany.co.uk
23 February 2011
For further information please contact:
Suzanne Seyghal, The Adventure Company PR Manager
Tel: 020 8971 2967 Mobile: 07944 168 697
Note to Editors
About Gail Ward
- Gail Ward is a freelance photographer with over 20 years’ experience, specialising in travel, International Development and NGO work. She is passionate about creating moving, truthful images and her aim is to inspire and share her knowledge with others.
- She runs photography projects and workshops for schools, colleges and enthusiastic young photographers and will be leading The Adventure Company’s new Safari & Spice – Young Photographer holiday to Tanzania.
About The Adventure Company
- Founded in 1996, The Adventure Company operates over 250 small group trips across all continents combining ‘must-see’ highlights with unforgettable cultural experiences.
- Its range allows holidaymakers to enjoy some of the world’s most iconic treks, spot wildlife on safari, get under the skin of local cultures, camp under the stars or try out new activities such as white-water rafting and dog-sledding, From Argentina to Zambia, all trips are led by local guides who provide an invaluable cultural insight.
- While itineraries are tailored to suit all ages, from those new to adventure to seasoned travellers, The Adventure Company is also the leading family adventure specialist with 85 holidays suited to travelling with kids. Trips vary from multi-activity holidays to exotic animal encounters, with certain holidays offering designated solo parent or teen departures, designed exclusively for families with children aged 12 upwards.
Press Contact Details
If you are a member of the press and want further information, please contact Nicola using the details below.
Please note, this service is for members of the press only.
UK & Ireland PR Manager
The Adventure Company
Grange Mills, Weir Road, London SW12 0NE
Tel: +44 (0)7725 261232