We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
New Inca Guide & blog competition
To celebrate the Inca Trail’s predicted April reopening, following January’s intense rainfall and its annual February maintenance work, The Adventure Company has introduced two free downloadable guides for 2010.
Designed to ensure those considering taking on the world-renowned trek to Machu Picchu get off to the right start, these guides - downloadable from www.adventurecompany.co.uk/guides - give the low-down on this epic holiday adventure, how to get Inca Trail fit plus trekking fitness in general:
- The Inca Trail Guide: Including practical tips on what to take, when to travel and the various route options, such as the tour operator’s lesser-travelled Alternative Trail, this handy booklet provides a useful introduction to travellers considering walking this incredible trail.
- Training for Trekking Holidays: Essential reading for anyone thinking of doing a trekking trip, this guide offers basic training advice to ensure travellers are physically prepared to fully enjoy their trekking adventure.
Speaking of the enduring appeal of South America’s best known attraction, Claire Wilson, The Adventure Company’s managing director, explained: “The Adventure Company has been operating tours to Peru for over 14 years, with the Inca Trail remaining one of our top three most popular destinations year after year. As such, we know only too well that the right preparations before travelling can make the vital difference between a trip being unforgettable for the right or wrong reasons.
“In introducing our downloadable guides and sharing our local knowledge we want to ensure travellers benefit from our experience – forewarned is definitely forearmed when it comes to any kind of trekking holiday.”
EXPERIENCE THE INCA TRAIL – FOR FREE!
To inspire more people to enjoy their own Andean adventure, the travel specialist is also offering one lucky holidaymaker the chance to win a trip to Peru worth over £2,000. In addition to the famous four-day trek along the old Inca highway, this great prize includes time to soak up the cultural highlights of the colonial city of Cusco and the nearby Sacred Valley sites along with flights and accommodation.
Would-be travellers simply need submit a blog entry of between 50 and 200 words on www.adventurecompany.co.uk/competitions before 17 May explaining why they want to trek the Inca Trail to be in with a chance of winning this trip of a lifetime
To find out more about The Adventure Company’s Peruvian holidays call 0845 609 0889
or visit www.adventurecompany.co.uk/peru
17 February 2010
For further information please contact:
Suzanne Seyghal, The Adventure Company PR Manager
Tel: 020 8939 5370 Mobile: 07944 168 697
Note to Editors
- Founded in 1996, The Adventure Company operates over 200 small group trips across all continents combining ‘must-see’ highlights with unforgettable cultural experiences.
- Its range allows holidaymakers to enjoy some of the world’s most iconic treks, spot wildlife on safari, get under the skin of local cultures, camp under the stars or try out new activities such as white-water rafting and dog-sledding, From Argentina to Zambia, all trips are led by local guides who provide an invaluable cultural insight.
- While itineraries are tailored to suit all ages, from those new to adventure to seasoned travellers, The Adventure Company is also the leading family adventure specialist with over 70 holidays suited to travelling with kids. Trips vary from multi-activity holidays to exotic animal encounters, with certain holidays offering designated solo parent or teen departures, designed exclusively for families with children aged 12 upwards.
The operator’s newly introduced Hands On Adventures are designed for those eager to combine sightseeing with a chance to spend a few days getting involved in a wildlife conservation or community-based project. From tracking bears in Slovakia and monitoring monkey behaviour in Sri Lanka to helping at a school in Tanzania or getting involved with a rural Thai village community, these eye-opening experiences allow travellers to make an immediate contribution to the country they’re exploring.
Press Contact Details
If you are a member of the press and want further information, please contact Nicola using the details below.
Please note, this service is for members of the press only.
Marketing & PR Assistant
The Adventure Company
Cross & Pillory House
1 Cross & Pillory Lane
Tel: +44 (0)845 608 7713