We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Brochure for Agents
The Adventure Company hopes to help agents tap into the ever-expanding adventure market with the launch of its new agent-friendly brochure.
The small group adventure specialist has taken 30 of its most popular worldwide and family trips and developed an agent-friendly 60-page A4 brochure - called Thomson Adventures - which will be distributed to all Thomson and First Choice shops from this month.
Vicky Rodford, The Adventure Company’s UK Agency Sales Manager, said: “With holidaymakers increasingly looking to gain something a little extra from their time away as they escape their daily routines, we want to help agents understand that an adventure holiday doesn’t have to be adrenaline-packed. Rather, adventure travel is about engaging with the destination you’re in whether on a wildlife safari or a cultural trip.”
The brochured holidays are designed to capture the imagination of the first-time adventurer and cover popular destinations from Croatia and Egypt to Nepal and Peru as well as iconic activities such as trekking Kilimanjaro. These trips have been themed into ‘closer to home adventures’ (short-haul), ‘further afield adventures’ (mid-haul) and ‘faraway adventures’ (long-haul) categories for ease of selling while the brochure also includes a handy guide on where to travel when to ensure agents can become instant adventure holiday advisers.
Rodford added: “As we offer over 240 trips across all corners of the globe, we understand it can sometimes be overwhelming for those new to adventure to know quite where to begin. By bringing together a selection of our most accessible trips to iconic locations we hope to encourage couples, families and solo travellers alike to share memorable experiences as they explore the world while letting us take care of organising their itinerary.
“Essentially, the message we want agents to take from this is that whatever their client’s style of adventure or level of activity we have something to offer them. And we’re here throughout the booking process to help make the increasingly popular world of adventure travel that bit easier for them to sell.”
To find out more agents can call The Adventure Company on 0845 609 0479
or visit www.adventurecompany.co.uk
- ends -
Note to Editors
About The Adventure Company:
- Founded in 1996, The Adventure Company operates over 200 small group trips across all continents combining ‘must-see’ highlights with unforgettable cultural experiences.
- Its range allows holidaymakers to enjoy some of the world’s most iconic treks, spot wildlife on safari, get under the skin of local cultures, camp under the stars or try out new activities such as white-water rafting and dog-sledding, From Argentina to Zambia, all trips are led by local guides who provide an invaluable cultural insight.
- While itineraries are tailored to suit all ages, from those new to adventure to seasoned travellers, The Adventure Company is also the leading family adventure specialist with over 80 holidays suited to travelling with kids. Trips vary from multi-activity holidays to exotic animal encounters, with certain holidays offering designated solo parent or teen departures, designed exclusively for families with children aged 12 upwards.
About the Thomson Adventures brochure:
- The new brochure highlights The Adventure Company’s top 30 adventure holidays across all continents, helping travel agents ensure holidaymakers enjoy new experiences on their holiday, whatever their style of adventure or activity level.
- The brochure cover was taken by amateur photographer Mike Eady, one of the shortlisted finalists from the 30,000 entries in the recent Photobox ‘Around the World in 80 Days” competition. The image is of a young monk in Ladakh, Northern India.
26 October 2010
For further information please contact:
Suzanne Seyghal, The Adventure Company PR Manager
Tel: 020 8971 2967
Mobile: 07944 168 697
Press Contact Details
If you are a member of the press and want further information, please contact Nicola using the details below.
Please note, this service is for members of the press only.
Marketing & PR Assistant
The Adventure Company
Cross & Pillory House
1 Cross & Pillory Lane
Tel: +44 (0)845 608 7713