We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Ben Fogle To Give Holidaymakers A Talking To About Adventure Travel
This October intrepid TV presenter Ben Fogle will be joining The Adventure Company in Farnham and London to host two free travel-related talks for would-be adventurers.
As the travel specialist’s Ambassador for Adventure, Fogle will be helping inspire holidaymakers to dust off their spirit of adventure at the Farnham Maltings Centre on 20 October from 7pm and London’s National Geographic Store on Regent Street on 23 October from 2pm.
With the September launch of Fogle’s new book ‘The Accidental Adventurer’, attendees will also have the chance to win a signed copy of his new book. To apply for complimentary tickets visit www.adventurecompany.co.uk/meetbenfogle.
The events will start with a talk by Fogle on his passion for travel, his favourite destinations plus his advice for first-time adventure travellers. He will also unveil his new 13-day ‘People of Peru’ trip and explain how he designed this trip for The Adventure Company based on his favourite memories of getting off the beaten track in the Andes and kayaking his way to stay with remote local communities in Lake Titicaca before trekking to Machu Picchu.
Speaking of the Inca Trail, Fogle describes Machu Picchu as “still such a unique destination and one of those places that you must see before you die. I don’t think there is any other ruin in such a stunning location – it will take your breath away.”
His talk will be followed by a Q&A session, giving audience members the chance to find out more about how to inject some colour into their holiday style and how family adventures are the perfect way to bond together over shared experiences.
Speaking of his partnership with The Adventure Company, Ben Fogle said: “I’m a firm believer in appreciating what you have, taking yourself outside your comfort zone and shaking it up a little. Adventure doesn’t have to be adrenaline packed – it’s about engaging with the destination whether spending two weeks interacting with a local community, a wildlife safari or a cultural trip.
“Adventure travel is about really getting to know the country you’re in and, whatever your style of adventure or level of activity, The Adventure Company has something for you. Come along and prepare yourself for the adventure of a lifetime.”
To apply for complimentary tickets visit www.adventurecompany.co.uk/meetbenfogle
29 September 2011
For further information please contact:
Suzanne Seyghal, The Adventure Company PR Manager
Tel: 020 8971 2967 Mobile: 07944 168 697
NOTE TO EDITORS:
About The Adventure Company
- Founded in 1996, The Adventure Company operates over 250 small group trips across all continents combining ‘must-see’ highlights with unforgettable cultural experiences.
- Its range allows holidaymakers to enjoy some of the world’s most iconic treks, spot wildlife on safari, get under the skin of local cultures, camp under the stars or try out new activities such as white-water rafting and dog-sledding, From Argentina to Zambia, all trips are led by local guides who provide an invaluable cultural insight.
- While itineraries are tailored to suit all ages, from those new to adventure to seasoned travellers, The Adventure Company is also the leading family adventure specialist with 114 holidays suited to travelling with kids. Trips vary from multi-activity holidays to exotic animal encounters, with certain holidays offering designated solo parent or teen departures, designed exclusively for families with children aged 12 upwards
Press Contact Details
If you are a member of the press and want further information, please contact Nicola using the details below.
Please note, this service is for members of the press only.
The Adventure Company
Cross & Pillory House
1 Cross & Pillory Lane
Tel: +44 (0)776 925 6173