The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Adventure Specialist Reaches £100,000 Fundraising Milestone
More than £100,000 has been raised by The Adventure Company to help local community projects all over the world.
Contributions made by the small group adventure travel specialist and its customers over the last six years have helped a range of locally run grass root projects. The worldwide causes include the building of new wells in Borneo, reforestation in Peru, a Kenyan programme to stop wildlife being snared for meat and helping a homeless children’s charity in India buy medical supplies.
39% of the funds were raised through £1 passenger donations which are matched by The Adventure Company Foundation which was set up in 2006. The remaining 61% was raised through designated contributions made by The Adventure Company across 137 of its tours.
Claire Wilson, MD of The Adventure Company, said: “One of our most recent donations has gone towards supporting orphaned children in Uganda where our £2,611 donation has helped the Bwindi Watoto School build four new classrooms and a further £1,350 will go towards furniture and installing window shutters.
“In addition to our commitment to investing as much as possible on a local level by using locally-owned agents, transport and accommodation, we believe adventure travel is about opening your eyes to new cultures and ways of life. We therefore created The Adventure Company Foundation as a way of maximising the positive effects tourism can bring to the destinations we visit. By encouraging our travellers to become involved in grass root initiatives we hope to make a genuine difference and bring long-term benefits to communities.”
In February this year The Adventure Company’s customers selected The Esther Benjamin’s Trust to be the next project to benefit from donations. The trust works to rescue Nepalese children who have been trafficked or displaced into India and provide them with education and skills that enable them to become independent and reintegrated into society.
This year The Adventure Company Foundation hopes to raise over £24,000 towards local community and wildlife projects. An additional target of £19,000 has also been set to help offset customers’ carbon emissions associated with in-country travel. These funds will go towards the work currently carried out with the non-profit organisation Blue Ventures Carbon Offset distributing solar and energy efficient stoves to communities in Madagascar.
For more information on The Adventure Company’s Foundation and the related holidays visit www.adventurecompany.co.uk/responsible-travel or contact call 0845 287 1198.
12 March 2012
For further information please contact:
Suzanne Seyghal, PR Manager
Tel: 020 8971 2967 Mobile: 07944 168 697
Felicity Hay, PR Assistant
Tel: 020 8971 0498
NOTE TO EDITORS:
About The Adventure Company Foundation:
- The Adventure Company Foundation was set up in August 2006 to support small, local projects in the countries visited.
- Every customer is invited to donate £1 which is matched by The Adventure Company with 100% of the money raised going to help four in-country projects every year.
- Contributions made across 137 tours help to support 18 further wildlife and community projects around the world as a set amount is donated for every passenger or per trip. Contributions vary from £2.20 donated to a local project for every traveller heading to Morocco to £50 which is donated to a reforestation programme in Laos for every Authentic Indochina departure.
- From the £100,000 milestone, 39% was raised through the £1 donations and 61% through specific tour contributions.
- The Adventure Company also donates £2 to Blue Ventures Carbon Offset for each of its passengers who are also encouraged to make an individual contribution.
About The Adventure Company
- Having pioneered the family adventure concept over 15 years ago, The Adventure Company remains the UK’s leading family adventure specialist with 113 dedicated family holidays.
- Family itineraries are tailored to suit children of all ages, from infants to teenagers, and cater for all levels of experience, from those new to adventure to seasoned travellers. Trips vary from multi-activity holidays and exotic animal encounters to Hands On Adventures interacting with local community and environmental projects plus dedicated teen trips.
- In 2011 The Adventure Company introduced the UK’s first family photography and family astronomy holidays accompanied by experts.
- Its range of over 250 adult and family small group adventures across all continents combine ‘must-see’ highlights with unforgettable cultural experiences. The collection allows holidaymakers to enjoy some of the world’s most iconic treks, spot wildlife on safari, get under the skin of local cultures, camp under the stars or try out new activities such as white-water rafting and dog-sledding, From Argentina to Zambia, all trips are led by local guides who provide an invaluable cultural insight.
Press Contact Details
If you are a member of the press and want further information, please contact Nicola using the details below.
Please note, this service is for members of the press only.
UK & Ireland PR Manager
The Adventure Company
Grange Mills, Weir Road, London SW12 0NE
Tel: +44 (0)7725 261232