We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
The Adventure Company adds family sailing & teen Burma
Budding Ben Ainslies can try their hand at sailing a catamaran on a new range of specialist family sailing trips, which feature in The Adventure Company’s 2013 Family Adventures brochure.
The new Croatia Sailing Adventure and Turkey Sailing Adventure have been added to The Adventure Company’s unrivalled selection of almost 100 family adventures, and offer a hassle-free way to discover secluded coves, beautiful beaches and ancient cultural sites while exploring the stunning Dalmatian or Turkish coast. Families can swim, snorkel and take scenic hikes by day and dine on fabulous food in local restaurants by evening, before returning to the catamaran’s cabins to sleep.
Designed for families with children aged eight and older, passengers can learn the ropes and help to sail the boat, or simply relax on deck. There is an experienced skipper and a hostess, who prepares meals and ensures that children are entertained with activities and games on board. Prices start from £1,829 child/ £1,999 adult including flights, accommodation, excursions, breakfasts and lunches, with departures scheduled for July and August 2013.
The Adventure Company’s 2013 programme also includes a new Breathtaking Burma tour for adventurous families with teens, who want to experience the undiscovered south-east Asia of bygone eras. Prices start at £2,389 including flights for 13-days exploring the spectacular ancient temples at Bagan, floating villages at Inle Lake and rural mountain villages of Kalaw. There is an opportunity to take part in a language lesson and to learn the favourite games, songs and dances of local children on an orphanage visit.
Other new trips for 2013 include:
- A new tour of Jordan for teens – the Canyons & Bedouin Adventure (10 days from £1,389 with flights) explores the lost city of Petra, sleeps under the stars in a Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum, and floats on the Dead Sea. Families can join a cooking class, make soap and take an Arabic lesson.
- Following the success of its winter trips to Iceland, The Adventure Company has added a Summer Iceland tour (seven days from £1,099 child/ £1,469 adult with flights). Families can explore the lava fields, craters, volcanoes and waterfalls that Iceland is famed for, and swim in the glacial Blue Lagoon.
- A two-centre Dordogne Family Adventure in south-west France (eight days from £569 child/£599 adult without flights). Families can canoe, cycle and hike through picturesque landscapes and explore medieval towns, while staying in riverside campsites with swimming pools and a plethora of facilities to keep children entertained.
- The Taste of Kenya safari (9 days from £1,815 child/£2,269 adult with flights) gives families with younger children aged six and up a chance to spot big cats, giraffes, zebras and elephants on game drives and relax on the white sands of Mombasa Beach. Accommodation is in comfortable lodges, with one night in a treehouse with stunning panoramic views.
“The Adventure Company’s itineraries are designed by parents, for parents,” said Claire Wilson, Managing Director of The Adventure Company. “As a mum, I know that quality time with your family is precious so we make sure that you make the most of your holiday by visiting sites at the best time of day, getting involved with local customs and games, and joining a trip that’s tailored to the ages of your children.”
“Whether you want to sail along Croatia’s beautiful Dalmatian coast, discover Jordan’s Bedouin culture or get up close to incredible wildlife in the African bush, The Adventure Company’s diverse range of family adventures offer memorable experiences in some of the world’s most amazing destinations,” she added.
The Adventure Company offers more family adventure holidays than any other UK tour operator, with almost 100 specialist trips to suit different ages, interests and budgets, as well as departures specifically for teens and solo parents. Prices start from as little as £427 for children and £439 for adults, for a week’s holiday in Morocco.
The Adventure Company is currently offering 5% off early bookings made six months or more before travel, on all of its family trips.
Notes to editors
For more information or images please contact Nicola Frame, UK & Ireland PR Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0)7725 261232
About The Adventure Company
For more than 15 years, The Adventure Company has been taking people on memorable holidays to some of the world’s most amazing places. It is the UK’s leading family adventure holiday specialist, with almost 100 trips that are designed especially for families. From sleeping under the stars to getting up close to incredible wildlife, The Adventure Company offers an unrivalled range of unforgettable holiday experiences. For more information visit www.adventurecompany.co.uk/family
Press Contact Details
If you are a member of the press and want further information, please contact Nicola using the details below.
Please note, this service is for members of the press only.
The Adventure Company
Cross & Pillory House
1 Cross & Pillory Lane
Tel: +44 (0)776 925 6173