The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Explorers Girl to take on Hellspont 3 Mile Swim 2012 Challenge
Sally Smythson, our Operations Executive for sister company Explorers Astronomy, has taken on the 3 mile swim challenge at Hellspont, Turkey. Sally is never one to say no to a challenge and today she will swim across the the Dardanelles, the strait that separates Europe from Asia. The annual swim commemorates the final victory for the Turks in the Turkish War of Independence in 1922 against the Greeks.
For the past 25 years this event has been a big event in the open swim calender. The swim starts on the Turkish shore at Eceabat and swimmers head to the town of Çanakkale on the Asian side of Turkey. The Hellespont is a natural strait which has been used defensively to protect Istanbul since Greek and Roman times. The famous 3 mile swim was first taken on by Lord Byron in 1812.The day after the swim there will be a half day festival to celebrate Lord Byron, his swimming history and his poetry.
We wish Sally every luck in tackling the race today and what can we say... what a sense of adventure!
- Peru Holidays (302)
- Family Activity Holidays (237)
- Egypt Holidays (199)
- Tanzania Holidays (194)
- Trekking Holidays (193)
- Nepal Holidays (163)
- Morocco Holidays (111)
- India Holidays (86)
- South Africa Holidays (85)
- Safari Holidays (73)
- Jordan Holidays (62)
- Walking Holidays (53)
- Cuba Holidays (44)
- Solo Holidays (9)
- Winter Holidays (3)