The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Experience local rituals in Zanzibar
African countries are renowned for their celebration of rituals and the idyllic island of Zanzibar is certainly no different.
Every July the Mwaka Kogwa Festival is held to celebrate the start of a new year and it is an occasion that people taking Tanzania holidays should not miss.
The milestone is marked right the way across the island, but it is the southern town of Makunduchi where the tradition is observed most vociferously.
In years gone by, men would look to settle their differences with other people before the turn of the year (according to the Shirz calendar) by fighting. As time has passed, the ritual has become far friendlier and now participants use banana stems during battle. Although it may look violent, competitors always have smiles on their faces throughout.
The women of the community also wear their finest attire and sing old island songs while the fights take place.
This unique tradition is just one reason to visit Zanzibar - which has become increasingly renowned as a paradise-like holiday destination.
- Peru Holidays (302)
- Family Activity Holidays (237)
- Egypt Holidays (199)
- Tanzania Holidays (194)
- Trekking Holidays (193)
- Nepal Holidays (163)
- Morocco Holidays (111)
- India Holidays (86)
- South Africa Holidays (85)
- Safari Holidays (73)
- Jordan Holidays (62)
- Walking Holidays (53)
- Cuba Holidays (44)
- Solo Holidays (9)
- Winter Holidays (3)