We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
India holidays: Millions will celebrate Kumbh Mela festival
Travellers may be persuaded to book India holidays to coincide with the Kumbh Mela festival, which began last week.
The three-month long celebrations mark an opportunity for the Hindu people to wash away their sins in a huge ceremony centred on the River Ganges.
Several million people took to the water on January 14th 2010 and many more are expected to do the same over the next 12 weeks despite the current icy weather on the sub-continent.
"It means a lot to us," 19-year-old engineering student Manisha told News24. "In our religion, the Ganges is very pure and full of energy. That's why we also call the river 'mother'."
The festival commemorates a mythical battle which took place between gods and demons over a pitcher of nectar that made those who drank it immortal.
Travellers who wish to experience the celebrations may like to book onto The Adventure Company's Tigers, Taj and Temples holiday.