We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Get in training before you trek the Inca Trail, says expert
With the hike over the famous route taking in plenty of tricky terrain, travel writer Elizabeth Smith recommended that people prepare for the task in hand before they set off.
In a column for USA Today's Travel Tips section, the correspondent advised travellers to get some practice at walking with a weighted pack on their back prior to trekking the Inca Trail.
"An important part of training is to load a full day pack - or a larger pack for even greater benefit - and hike up any hill you can find," she explained.
Setting off on one or two hikes through the countryside can also be a useful warm-up for those who are set to trek the Inca Trail in the coming months, Ms Smith added.