We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Women's chess champions clash at Machu Picchu
Two of the world's best female chess players took a break from their Machu Picchu tours to contest a match at the ancient citadel.
Women's world champion Alexandra Kosteniuk of Russia took on Peru's Deysi Cori, the under-16 world female champion, at the Incan stronghold, which was lost to the Western world until it was rediscovered by Professor Hiram Bingham of the US in 1911.
Experience proved to be the key in the friendly meeting at Machu Picchu, with the older Russian coming out on top.
Prior to the meeting, Ms Kosteniuk was quoted by state-run Peruvian news agency Andina as saying she was excited about the opportunity to face "Peru's top youth hopeful Deysi Cori at the top of Machu Picchu, one of the new seven wonders of the world".
Travellers who are keen to visit Machu Picchu themselves should check out The Adventure Company's range of trips to the citadel, some of which include the chance to trek the Inca Trail.