We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
600 year old coin proves Chinese were in Africa before Europeans
American scientists have discovered a copper coin in Manda, a Kenyan island, believed to be 600 years old. The coin has a square hole in the centre and was minted under the Chinese Emperor Yongle during the Ming Dynasty between 1403-1425AD.
The coin which could be worn on a belt for ease, is made of copper and silver represents Yongle's economic power and international trade. The find has prompted new discussions on the relationship between China and Indian Ocean nations, a relationship that ceased soon after Yongle's death as Chinese rulers banned foreign expeditions and became isolated.
Interestingly civilisation on the island of Manda ceased in 1430AD which suggests the coin was brough to the island much earlier in Yongle's reign. The coin now confirms that trade existed between China and eastern Africa decades before the Europeans set sail for the Indian Ocean which rewrites much of history.