The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Dive reveals materials 'used to build Giza and the pyramids'
A large group of boulders at the bottom of a lake near Cairo may hold the key to some of the secrets of Giza and the pyramids.
Researchers from the Centre for Space Studies at Boston University discovered the basalt rocks five years ago while carrying out a satellite survey of the area in and around the Western Desert, reports AFP.
However, Egyptian antiquities experts are now carrying out a more thorough examination of Lake Qarun to find out more about the materials used to construct the nation's ancient monuments.
Secretary general of the Supreme Council of Antiquities Dr Zahi Hawass is involved in the project, alongside Khaled Saeed, the prehistoric affairs head at the department.
Dr Hawass revealed it is the first time his team has explored the lake, while Mr Saeed remarked: "I believe that these huge slabs were eventually moved upstream to the Giza plateau for the construction of the Great Pyramid."
Although travellers who book onto one of The Adventure Company's Egypt holidays will not be able to explore the depths of Qarun, they can instead go snorkelling in the Red Sea.
The Pyramids to Petra break allows tourists to check out not only Egypt's great monuments but also discover the neighbouring country of Jordan.
- Peru Holidays (302)
- Family Activity Holidays (237)
- Egypt Holidays (199)
- Tanzania Holidays (194)
- Trekking Holidays (193)
- Nepal Holidays (163)
- Morocco Holidays (111)
- India Holidays (86)
- South Africa Holidays (85)
- Safari Holidays (73)
- Jordan Holidays (62)
- Walking Holidays (53)
- Cuba Holidays (44)
- Solo Holidays (9)
- Winter Holidays (3)