We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Acclimatising in Cusco 'important' before Machu Picchu tours
This is the view of Jaunted columnist Avenida Hermanos, who pointed out that Cusco is almost a kilometre closer to sea level than the ancient citadel, meaning it will help tourists get used to the air quality and climate.
He said even the fittest people can get altitude sickness, but there are ways of avoiding and combating this minor ailment.
Mr Hermanos added that there has been a "lot of misinformation" about Machu Picchu tours after problems with flooding earlier this year, which have since been resolved.
"The Unesco World Heritage Site is now back open for visits from the public and rest assured that it looks as breathtaking as ever," the correspondent remarked.
People interested in soaking up the stunning sights and sounds of Machu Picchu should book one of The Adventure Company's holidays in Peru.