Welcome to the most ancient city on earth. To a land of sand and souks, where travellers are...
The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
The Crusader Castle
St Simeons Monastery
Adventures in Syria
Explore Syria, home to some of the Middle East’s most amazing sites, and a fantastic destination for a cultural adventure holiday. Discover the souks of Aleppo, an ancient trading city, occupied since the 10th Century BC, and once a major terminus on the silk route to the Far East. While here, visit one of the oldest mosques in the world, or opt for a steam in the country’s oldest and finest hammam (bathhouse). Journey to the Basilica of St Simeon, before heading to Krak des Chevaliers, the most magnificent link in a chain of Crusader castles constructed throughout the Middle East.
Enter the desert to explore Palmyra, one of the most evocative sites of the ancient world and former kingdom of the legendary Queen Zenobia and travel to Damascus, stopping en route at Maaloula, an important centre of Christianity not only for it’s impressive monasteries, but because its and one of the few places on Earth where Aramaic, the language of Christ is still spoken. Damascus itself is a maze of alleyways dotted with a profusion of Ottoman bathhouses, caravanserais, museums, palaces, churches and mosques – making holidays in Syria a great place to explore!