We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
- Activity Holidays
- Photographic Family Holidays
- Astronomy Tours
- Cultural Holidays
- Nature & Wildlife
- Trekking Holidays
- Walking Holidays
- Northern Lights Tours
- Charity Holidays
For most people Machu Picchu is the star of any Peru holiday and it’s the main reason many people go on a trekking holiday to Peru - this breathtaking urban creation was built by the ancient Inca tribe and retains many of its original features today. Comprising giant walls, terraces and ramps, the lost city ruins stands 2,430 metres above sea level at the heart of a tropical mountain forest. Listed as a Unesco World Heritage Site in 1983, the best way to reach Machu Picchu on your trekking holiday in Peru is to trek the Inca Trail through the Andes Mountains.
The History of Machu Picchu
- It was built in the15th century by the Inca as a retreat for the Inca ruler
- It was once a thriving and wealthy citadel and it is estimated to have housed up to 1,200 people
- After the Inca were wiped out by invading Spanish troops, the city fell into disrepair and was lost to public knowledge
- Machu Picchu was rediscovered in 1911 by Hiram Bingham, a Latin American Studies professor from Yale University who was looking for another Incan city
- Bingham was not the first to find the city but the first to realise its importance in history.
Holidays to Machu Picchu
We offer a number of holidays to Machu Picchu including trekking holidays which gives travellers the chance to walk the famous Inca Trail. The Inca trail trek is the most popular trail in South America which is why you really need to book at least 6 months in advance to guarantee a trail permit. We offer the following:
- Seven adult trips that visit Machu Picchu
- Four Inca Trail trekking routes varying in degrees of difficulty
- An Amazon or Galapagos extension to add to your Machu Picchu trip
- 5% off if you book 6 months in advance.
For families, we offer:
- Two family trips for children aged 7+ with travel to Machu Picchu by train
- Two teen trips for children aged 12+ with a trek to Machu Picchu
- Biking and rafting in the Scared Valley
- 5% off if you book 6 months in advance