The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Tiger park ban
I am booked on Tigers, Taj and Temples on 14 Oct. At present the Tigers part is looking unlikely, thanks to an Indian Supreme Court ban on tourism in tiger parks, including Ranthambore Nat Park.
Adventure Company is substituting Keoladeo Nat Park (a bird sanctuary) for its August departures and is likely to do the same for later trips if the ban remains in place. I gather this is a great place for birders, though suffering from lower water levels in recent years which affects the size and variety of migratory birds, but for me there is a world of difference between going somewhere that offers the chance of seeing a rare species of big cat, and one which offers flocks of birds.
The Tigers were a key factor in my choosing this trip and 20% of the nights spent in India were originally planned on the itinerary to be in Ranthambore. There is a higher court appeal being heard on 22 Aug which may overturn the ban but that outcome is by no means certain.
I'd be interested in the views of anyone else, whether on the 14 Oct trip or any other trip involving tigers, as to whether you plan to go ahead with your booking and/or take any other action with regard to this potential change in itinerary.
PS, if you're on the exact same trip as me, please say hi. All going well, I'm looking forward to meeting you in October.