Jump to Navigation
0808 250 7442
Freephone

Tatras Winter Adventure (8 days) - Slovakia - Starting 12th February 2012

Welcome Guest, to make a post on the forum you need to login or register.

It would be great to hear from anyone attending the Tatras Winter Adventure (8 days) - Slovakia - Starting 12th February 2012.

Hayley :-)

Replies

Hi Hayley

I have just booked the Tatras Adventure for the 12th February - can't wait! Have you skied before?

Leanne

Hi Leanne,

Great to hear from you. Only 5 weeks to go, can't wait either!

I've done a bit of dry slope skiing but did 2 days snowboarding just over a year ago in New Zealand and loved it so am going to opt for snowboarding this time. I've only done 2 days before so I will be back to basics again. How about you? Are you taking the Heathrow flight out?

Hey,

I haven't skiied before so fingers crossed I won't be useless! Yes, I'm on the Heathrow flight. You? I've just booked a hotel at the airport for the night before the flight as I'm travelling quite a long way. Have you booked with the adventure company before?

Leanne

You'll be fine, it'll be really good fun! I'm on the heathrow flight too, not sure if we will be getting any instructions to meet at the airport or whether we meet in the arrivals hall once we arrive? I haven't booked with the adventure company before, this is the first time I have been on arganised trip by myself before. Only 4 weeks to go now, really looking forward to it! Have you been on a trip like this before?

Hi Hayley

Around 2 weeks before departure we send out Joining Instructions - these have printed copies of e-tickets as well as instructions on how you will be met on arrival.

Some customers have used these forums to arrange to meet up at the airport before depature. The only thing we would say is make sure you make arrangements to meet up in a public place - as these forums are open for all to read.

Just so you know, there are 10 people booked on the trip so far. The majority of the group are in their late 20s and early 30s, with a few in their 40s and 50s.

I hope you all have a great holiday.

Sean Hughes
Customer Operations Manager

Thank you for your message Sean, really helpful advice. Really looking forward to it now, can't wait to receive the final documentation. Hayley :-)

Hi Hayley

Not long to go now!! I can't believe how quickly it has come around. Some last minute shopping at the weekend is required!

I also haven't been on a trip like this before. Are you all set?

Leanne

Hi Leanne,

I'm almost set but like you, I still have a few last minute bits to get. Got a really busy week ahead but will hopefully be all ready by the weekend! Really looking forward to it now! Look forward to meeting you, Hayley :-)

Hi Hayley and Leanne

I'm also coming on this trip and I'm really looking forward to it. I've only been skiing once, many years ago on a school skiing holiday, and I've always wanted to do it again but never had the chance. I was also meant to do dog sledding when I went on a Hurtigruten holiday in Norway a couple of years ago, but it was cancelled due to bad weather so that is something else I really want to do.

I'm also flying out from Heathrow. It says we have to check in 3 hours before the flight - seems ridiculous to me; at Southampton airport you only have to check in 30 minutes before! It means we have to be there at about 6.00am - I'm wondering whether to book just airport parking or whether to go for an overnight stay in a hotel where I can leave the car. (I live on the South Coast.) Then of course having got up in the middle of the night we then have to hang around for 3 hours waiting for our flight! It would be a good idea if we could meet up when we check in?

By the way, do either of you know what the baggage allowance is for the flight?

Linda

Hi Linda,

Glad to hear you will be joining us and looking forward to the trip. It's my 30th birthday on Saturday so I'm actually going up the night before for dinner and a hotel stay which means not having to get up so early on the Sunday. I'm having breakfast with some friends who are staying with me the night before so I will probably meet everyone in the arrivals lounge in Vienna.

I'm afraid I'm not too sure on weight limit, I'm just trying to do it as light as poss but I'd advise emailing the Adventure Company and they will be able to let you know for definitie.

See you and Leanne soon,

Newest Discussions

Recent posts and what you’re talking about right now

Spirit of the Incas - August 2013 by rachhs (2013) Monday, April 08, 2013 01:43 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 04:02 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 04:01 PM
What is the SIGHTSEEINGs of chiang mai_Thailand? by albanobrito (Morocco) Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:42 AM

Active Discussions

Join the forum, add to the debate and share your travel tips

Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (Walking) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:41 AM
Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (May 2013) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:41 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (Walking) Friday, April 26, 2013 08:48 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (May 2013) Friday, April 26, 2013 08:48 AM

Active Users

48300 registered users, 0 users online right now, 708 topics, 3107 posts.