The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Sofia airport taxis
Beware rip-off taxi-drivers meeting travellers off incoming flights. Most Sofia taxis look similar, 'official', and include the word 'OK' on the side. However, even if metered, there's no guarantee you're not being ripped off - there is little or no regulation of the meter rate. Before entering the cab, you need to check the rate displayed on a notice (usually) in the rear window. It should show numbers like 0.60 and 0.49 (I think these are the rate per km and initial charge in leva), and NOT 3.0 or more! I paid 58.81 one-way airport to central Sofia, and on the return trip, in a taxi called by my hotel, under 10. There are booking desks for reputable taxi companies in both Sofia terminals, but the sharks will try to grab you before you get near them.