Jump to Navigation
0808 250 7442
Freephone

kilimanjaro 25th May 2012

Welcome Guest, to make a post on the forum you need to login or register.

Hello fellow travellers. going to kilimanjaro on the Rongai route. Let me know if you are going as well.:)

If anyone wants to meet up at heathrow before the flight give me a shout. Sooooo excited.

Adell

Replies

All booked up to join you! Can't wait.
Kili here we come.....oh my!!!!!!!!!

Lisa

Im Going :-) ................. but im sure you knew that already as i keep screaming it on facebook lol.
Just need to decide on second trip now Hmmmmmmm

Just booked last place for Kili, cant wait!!. Flying from Manchester to Heathrow so if anyone wants meet up at heathrow or chat before hand that would be great

Adam

Hey Adam, im flying to Heathrow from the north of scotland. Would be great to meet up before the flight . Add me on facebook( Adell Ward with a picture of a my Rottie dog as profile pic. A yak in Nepal as the cover pic) if you like and then nearer the time we can organise what time to meet . I'm super excited and wish it would hurry up now!! This is my 4th trip with the Adventure Company and they have all been great trips.

Mark i know your coming. lol!! I'm doing Mera peak next all being well. :)

Adell

Hey Adell

Yeh ill add you on facebook later, And ye be good to meet up before the flight, can add me aswell if you want on facebook (Adam Molyneux, leigh lancashire)
It's my first trip with adventure company, hope to do everset basecamp next year, see how this one goes first lol

Adam

can't find you on fb?? There is an Adam Molyneux in Wigan?

I did Everest base camp last year. It was amazing you will love it!!

Adell

Could possibly be that one, my profile picture should be me in middle of two girl mates or me with a surf board.

Can't find you either to be honest, think i added an Adell ward but not sure if it was right one lol

What other adventure stuff you done?

Adam

Hi Adam

Glad you are joining the trip, im looking at everest base camp too, but just read up on mera peak so not too sure now, Im gonna see what the altitude is like then decide.
Was ok on the inca trail last year but day three was hard work, what sticks out most was the shouts of "head to the nipple " when people started to slow lol

im on facebook too mark standen from southport - picture of machu pichu in the back ground.

mark

I have done the desert adventure across the sahara. The inca Trail and Everest base camp.

Mark there are no where near as many bloomin steps on the base camp trip!! hahaha. will tell you all about it when i see you.

Mera peak is the next logical step for me as it gets me over 6000metres and is only a little bit technical at the top. im under no illusion though as i no it will be a very tough trip!

Any how back to this trip. Are you guys thinking off getting the Yellow Fever jab??
Visas before or at airport on arrival?

Adell

Hi Mark

I will add you on facebook later on when ive finished work, guessing your going from Manchester aswell then with British airways down to Heathrow? Would love do inca trail aswell, Mount blanc looks a challenge

I'll have a read about the Mera peak, never heard of it to be honest

And im going to get the yellow fever jab, better being safe I suppose, as for visa im planning on getting it before airport, was reading about it and can take 2 hours at airport, only problem with getting it beforehand is that you have to send your passport in the post to the embassy along with the cash.

Hi
Im living in stafford at the moment so will probably drive to heathrow, saves worrying about connecting flights, Inca trail was amazing and would highly recommend it.

Adell

Ive already had my yellow fever when i went gorilla treking in uganda but id heard the same as adam that there is a long delay at the airport so will probably get mine sorted before hand.

Ive sent my passport away a few times now with no problems - touch wood !!!! Always used travcour and I've had it back in a few days

Adam / Adell if you still can't find each other your both on my fb so easy peasy :-)

Any one fancying the safari day trip to Arusha - Not sure when it fits in tho ???

We are now connected on fb!

Yes i'm planning on using Travcour this time. Had no problem last year when i sent mine direct to the nepalese embassy.Back in three days.

If it fits in and is not to expensive a safari trip sounds good.

Hi Mark

You need to have an extra day in Arusha to do the safari trip.

If you want to do this, give us a call and we can see if there is any extra charge to change your flights to come back a day later.

Thanks

Sean

I have my yellow fever jab, my visa and have decided to take Doxycycline as its miles cheaper than malarone after getting the rather large vets bill today!
All sorted, now i just have to wait...

Thought it was time I'd had a look at the forums and see who else I'm likely to run into on my travels

Myself and an old friend from Uni are going to be doing the Rongai route, 25 May 2012. One Hep B injection left and just got to pick up my Anti-Malaria stuff from the doc. Visa is done and only 45 days to go!!!

Si

Hey Si, look forward to meeting you and your friend on the trip. A couple of us are meeting at Heathrow and you guys are more than welcome to join us so just give me a shout on here or fb to arrange :)

Im sooo looking forward to this trip.

Adell

Only 44 days to go...................................................... yeeaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

Hi Adell

Sounds like an idea - we're flying from Newcastle to Heathrow and will be getting in early afternoon.

You can find me on fb - Simon Tooley, (photo is me standing on a pier in front of a Lake so you know which one to look for).

S

On the subject height - this will be my first excursion to this type of altitude (typically I've been just shy of 3000m in the past); for those of you who have been to high altitudes similar to this, what was your experience of it first time around?

Cheers

S

Last year a lot of us including myself found that once we got over 5000m we started to get headaches, lightheaded at times and everything felt much harder.
So long as you take your time, drink pleanty and listen to your body you should be ok but you can never tell in advance just how altitude will affect you.

Adell

Cheers Adell

That seems to be the usual from what I hear. The altitude is really my main concern (probably as it's one of the few things I can do little about). It's going to be a case of take it as it comes and hope that I'll manage - there's a first time for everything!

Simon

Simon
When i did the inca trail altitude was ok but we only went to 4300m, saying that there were people in our group swaying , dizzy and nosebleeds from 2000m onwards so i guess its all down to each individuals body. Things certainly get harder the higher you get.

If you looking on FB youll either find me on Adells page or search for Mark Standen ( with machu pichu in background)

Hey, hope everyone is looking foward to the trip

Just question on money, do they mainly take dollars their or do they have their own currency? or they take both?

Thanks for your help, see you all soon

Adam

Hi Adam, the trip notes say to take dollars and then change to tanzanian shilling when out there. We have a departure to pay when leaving and they want that in dollars. Im taking $320 in total as i worked out it will be around $120 in tips and $30 departure tax.

Hope this helps

See you soon

Adell

Hi Adell

Thanks for your help, going to get some money changed today, think the post office are doing good rates on dollars at the minute.

Think thats it after that, you all sorted with everything?

Cool, yeah i got my money from the post office and all under $50 notes.
Yes i think im all sorted now. Just have to wait now :)

Hi all

Yes from experiance Dollars are definbately the currency throughout africa, just make sure that they are mostly low denomination ( you may have trouble changing any over $50) and also if they are too creased or even have the smallest tear or corner missing they wont take these either.

Not Long Now.............

Newest Discussions

Recent posts and what you’re talking about right now

Spirit of the Incas - August 2013 by rachhs (2013) Monday, April 08, 2013 12:43 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 03:02 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 03:01 PM
What is the SIGHTSEEINGs of chiang mai_Thailand? by albanobrito (Morocco) Sunday, April 07, 2013 10:42 AM

Active Discussions

Join the forum, add to the debate and share your travel tips

Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (Walking) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 09:41 AM
Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (May 2013) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 09:41 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (Walking) Friday, April 26, 2013 07:48 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (May 2013) Friday, April 26, 2013 07:48 AM

Active Users

48397 registered users, 0 users online right now, 708 topics, 3107 posts.