Jump to Navigation
0808 250 7442
Freephone

Flight of the Condor, Peru 30th March 2012

Welcome Guest, to make a post on the forum you need to login or register.

Hello

Anyone else booked onto this trip?

Anyone been on it before .. need some tips with packing lightly!!!

Look forward to hearing from anyone who is as excited as I am :-)

Sadye

Replies

Hello Sadye
I'm also booked on this trip and, like you, am excited. Sorry, haven't been before so I'm open to packing tips as well! Have travelled with Adventure Company before and always had good time. I tend to pack small size toiletries, just enough for the trip and take as few pairs of shoes as poss. Have been told by GP to take insect repellant and use it daily as a precaution. Although we're not going to yellow fever risk area, (unless you're doing Amazon extension - I'm not) the mosquitoes that carry yellow fever, fly in daylight as well as at night.
Not looking forward to long flight. I always make sure I have Adventure Company luggage label on my hand luggage so I can be spotted which would be nice, particularly since we have to change flights at Madrid and I always worry more about connecting flights when I'm on my own!
Wendy

Hi Wendy
Thanks for the tip about AC luggage labels didn't think about easy ways to identify each other as I too am a solo traveller ... are you flying from Heathrow with the AC? If so maybe we could meet up before the flight to Madrid so that we are not on our own for the connecting flights??
Glad to hear you've travelled with the AC before it's always nice to hear great recommendations especially as this is my first one with them. I have been slowly getting little bits & pieces together for the trip to make the packing as light as I can & I've got my (industrial strength) insect repellent ... even though I'm not doing the Amazon extension I have fair skin & the "mossies" tend to love me!!!
If you can think of any more advice I'd appreciate it.
Sadye

Hi again Sadye
Yes I'm flying from Heathrow and would be happy to meet up. Not sure yet what time I'll get there but aiming for about 3 hours before flight I guess (will probably go straight from work). Can meet up at check in perhaps? Bit busy? Can you suggest meeting point or I could give you my mobile/email address (via AC) if you like so we can get in touch if necessary?
Wendy

Hi Wendy
I'm also hoping to be there 3 hours before (traffic depending) as travelling to Heathrow via coach ... I think meeting at check-in sounds a good idea then at least we can also identify ourselves via our luggage labels. If we could arrange to swap email addresses & then mobile numbers via the AC that could be a great help on the day too.
It's finally great to speak to a fellow traveller & it makes me realise how much closer it is to departure ... can't wait!!
take care & hear soon
Sadye

Hi Wendy and Sadye,

I am Jenny and I work for The Adventure Company. Was just reading your posts and if you wish me to send you each other's email addresses I will be happy to help, as long as you are both happy for me to do so?

Kind regards,

Jenny
Customer Operations Executive

Hi Jenny
As per our phone conversation, yes I'm happy for you to give my e-mail address to Sadye. Thanks. Really looking forward to the trip.
Wendy

I have now emailed this so Sadye you should hopefully receive this today.

Kind regards,

Jenny

Thanks Jenny for all your asssistance ... I can confirm I received your email
Sadye

Newest Discussions

Recent posts and what you’re talking about right now

Spirit of the Incas - August 2013 by rachhs (2013) Monday, April 08, 2013 01:43 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 04:02 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 04:01 PM
What is the SIGHTSEEINGs of chiang mai_Thailand? by albanobrito (Morocco) Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:42 AM

Active Discussions

Join the forum, add to the debate and share your travel tips

Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (May 2013) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:41 AM
Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (Walking) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:41 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (May 2013) Friday, April 26, 2013 08:48 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (Walking) Friday, April 26, 2013 08:48 AM

Active Users

46694 registered users, 0 users online right now, 708 topics, 3107 posts.