Jump to Navigation
0808 250 7442
Freephone

Flight of the Condor 07/09/2012 Anyone else going?

Welcome Guest, to make a post on the forum you need to login or register.

Hi there

First time I am embarking on a group travel experience. Really excited about the trip but bit apprehensive about the journey there before the trip starts in Lima. Anyone else booked on the group flight from Heathrow 18:50hrs Fri 7 Sep? If so I wouldn't mind getting together beforehand and meeting up with others on that flight :-)

Astrid

Replies

Hi there,

Yep, I've booked on this trip, I'm also leaving from Heathrow but my flight is at 19:35hrs going via Madrid to Lima. I've done a couple of these trips before as a single traveller and they've always been good.
If you fancy a chat or getting together beforehand, please message me back.

Lyndsey

I am getting more nervous the closer we get, haha. Can't wait though! Think I am just hoping the transfer in Madrid is going to go smoothly. I assume someone from Adventure Company will be at arrivals in Lima waiting to round us all up to take us to the hotel? I think once I am there and I know it's all organised I will relax, haha.

What other trips have you done so far? I am hoping this is going to be one of many for me and am already looking to the next place to visit :-)

Astrid

Hey!

I have just booked onto this trip too :o)

I have done two trips before with the Adventure Company and they were both brilliant (Active Pyrenees and Active Arctic).

I believe I am also travelling from Heathrow via Madrid to Lima, it would be really good to chat and/or meet up at the airport at Heathrow (or Madrid if on different flights) so we could all navigate the airports together seen as though we have quite a number of flights to catch during the trip!

I am really looking forward to it.

Liza

Hiya,
Really looking forward to the trip now.

I used the Adventure company last year to travel to Nepal and they were really very good and it was all pretty well organised.
I'm sure there will be a guide or someone at the airport in Lima to transfer us to the hotel, there was last year.

I think we must be travelling on flight from Heathrow at roughly the same time, maybe we could meet in the Costa or Starbucks in the daparture lounge?
From what I remember we get sent bright red luggage labels from the adventure company, they can make it pretty useful to identify fellow travellers.

Lyndsey

Hi Lyndsey,

Nepal must have been great! You'll have to tell me about it :)

I've just checked my flight details and I am on the same flight as you I think... 19.35 from heathrow to Madrid. So meeting up at the airport sounds good to me.

Liza

Hi Im booked on Taste of Peru leaving on 12 Sept but it seems im the only one booked on it! I think I might be meeting up with your group at some point during the trip so maybe see you in Peru!
This will be my first trip like this and I must admit Im a bit nervous about arriving alone in Lima but very excited about the rest of trip

Jane

Hi Jane,

Are you really the only one booked on the trip? Well we will be there when you get there so at least you can join us at some point.

Someone will meet you at Lima so I wouldn't worry, you won't be on your own for long :)

Liza

Hi Lindsay, Liza and Jan

I think I am on a slightly earlier flight to Madrid but no doubt join the same flight from Madrid to Lima. I will keep my eye open for the red luggage labels, good idea :-) I may still catch you two in London before I get on my flight, otherwise I will meet you in Madrid for the next stage. I actually am soooooo excited that I have to stop myself packing already! haha. Have had this trip in mind for ages and been booked for quite a while but it is finally coming within reach. See you girl there :-)

Astrid

Hi Astrid,

Definately keep a look out for us, I'm sure we will be able to find everyone at heathrow or Madrid.

Looking forward to meeting everyone :)

Liza

Hi All,
Its soo good to hear that there will be a few of us single travellers on the same trip. Really looking forward to it now and I'm sure we will all be able to meet up in the airport if not in London, I'm sure we will find each other in Madrid.

Jane, I'm sure they will just combine trips if your the only person travelling on the one youve booked.

Really excited about the trip and looking forward to meeting you all

Lyndsey

Hi Guys

I am also booked on this trip

Really looking forward to it finally coming round as it's ages since I booked it.

I am also on the Madrid flight and have not heard the best about Iberia but hey once in Lima I am sure it will be fantastic.

I have not used The Adventure Company before but used similar firms but liking the good reviews :)

Feel free to pass on any packing tips

Looking forward to meet up with everyone :)

Rick

I was just looking on the itinery and noticed it says we catch a flight from Lima to Arequipa on day 3. Does anyone have this flight on their booking or is it just me missing something? I have a flight from heathrow to Madrid, Madrid to Lima, Cusco to Lima, Lima to Madrid and Madrid to heathrow???

Hello Rick, it is great we have quite a few people to meet up with. I am not sure what to pack myself... I believe it will be warm in the day and cold at night!

Liza

Hi All,

Not long now, so can wait to finally get out there and meet everyone.
I have a friend who's just travelled S. America April - July and have been told although the days in Peru were pretty warm the night can get really cold, so I think I may be taking a fleece or two for the evenings.

Liza - No I dont have the internal flight on my booking details but I think the tour leader usually deals with these, they have on my previous trips.

Look forward to meeting you all soon

Lyndsey

I only have information for my flight to and from Lima although the trip details do mention a couple of internal flights. Assumed, like Lyndsey said, that that would all be organised for us anyway.

Question to the group though. . .towels. I know we are in basic accommodation but are people bringing their own towels and if so how many? First time on a holiday like this so not too sure what to pack and that thought crossed my mind over the weekend. Any suggestions from previous experience?

See you all in a few weeks :-)

Astrid

Hey everyone,

I checked with the Adventure Company and you are right Lyndsey the Lima to Arequipa flight is sorted locally, but I do have the Cusco to Lima flight on my booking...

Astrid, all the times I have travelled with Adventure Company before the accommodation have provided towels, however I will probably still take one of my own if I have space.

Not sure if anyone is on Facebook, but if anyone want to link up on there before we go, this is me -

https://www.facebook.com/liza.whiteley

Might help identify each other at the airport.

Liza

All the paper work arrived today.

You can see the international flight details on the BA website via your passenger code

The good news is both of the long haul flights are 767 which according to seat guru have the indivdual tv's which are a life saver.

There is a $31 departure tax + for internal flight taxes which are $5

The only bad point seems to be the super early arrival in Lima but at least we get taken straight to the hotel.

I am terrible with names so apologies in advance.

Phew, at least I won't be the only one saying, what's your name again all the time as I am good with faces but totally sh*te with names, haha.

Cheers Liza for the comment about the towels as really wasn't sure. Think I will just put the one in.

Looking at the paperwork now and writing out the bright red luggage label as we speak, sooooooo excited.

Will try and find you on facebook Liza and if anyone wants to add me, it's astrid mcintyre (there won't be many on there surely, haha). Profile pic is a pic of me attempting to pole dance on my mate's hen party.

See you all in a few weeks :-)

Newest Discussions

Recent posts and what you’re talking about right now

Spirit of the Incas - August 2013 by rachhs (2013) Monday, April 08, 2013 01:43 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 04:02 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 04:01 PM
What is the SIGHTSEEINGs of chiang mai_Thailand? by albanobrito (Morocco) Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:42 AM

Active Discussions

Join the forum, add to the debate and share your travel tips

Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (Walking) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:41 AM
Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (May 2013) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:41 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (May 2013) Friday, April 26, 2013 08:48 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (Walking) Friday, April 26, 2013 08:48 AM

Active Users

48302 registered users, 0 users online right now, 708 topics, 3107 posts.