Jump to Navigation
0808 250 7442
Freephone

Everest Base Camp 5th March 2010

Welcome Guest, to make a post on the forum you need to login or register.

Hello,

I have just booked on to the Everest Base Camp Trek departing the UK on the 5th March and as I am travelling by myself I am keen to say "Hello" to a few of my fellow 15 travellers before we depart.

So HELLO??

H

Replies

h

Hi J,

Great to hear from you, I must admit that I was starting to wonder if i was the only solo traveller on this trek when I did not hear back from anybody. My name is Heather, but everybody calls me H, and I am 43 years old, how about yourself? Have you ever done anything like this before? As for my preparation, I am nearly there, just a couple more bits of kits to purchase and I am going to rent a sleeping bag and down jacket when we get to Nepal.

H

h

Hi Janet,

Fife in Scotland, well we are at the oposite ends of the UK to each other as I live in Windsor, Berkshire. The Inca Trail trek sounds very interesting, looking forward to hearing about it. As for me, I have some some three and four days trek but a few years ago, so I have also been down the gym alot ensuring that I am fit enough. I know what you mean about the snow, so pleased that it has all gone now, well at least at my end of the UK. How about you, have you still got snow? Yes if we are the only two singles I suspect that we will be room mates in the Hotel if nothing else, as the Tea Houses, as far as I can tell, tend to be one large room for each sex, bunk bed type of thing.

H

h

Hi Janet,

Take care out there in all the snow, you dont want to pick up an injury this close to the trek!!

Poole, great part of the world, I have friends down there.

Bye for now

H

h

Hi,

Got your PM and I have just replied to it.

H

Hi

I am a solo traveller travelling on the 5th March to Everest Base Camp. So nice to meet you H. How are your preparations going?

J

Hi Heather

I am Janet, I am 60 and this is my second trek, I did the Inca Trail 5 years ago but that was only 3 days actual trekking so this is my first long trek. I am spending lots of time in the gym making sure I am fit enough it has been a bit frustrating over Christmas and New Year with all the snow and ice I have not been able to get out and do much walking.

I did wonder whether there were any other single travellers on this trip as it did not appear in the list of those trips with three or more singles. So it seems that possibly we are the only ones and will be room mates.

I live in Fife in Scotland, where do you stay?

Janet

Hi H

We still have snow on the hills, I tried a walk on a fairly smallish hill near me on Monday and found myself sinking knee deep unless I could find others frozen footprints to walk in. I am hoping to have another try with a friend on Saturday a hill called Ben Wrackie near Pitlochry otherwise it will be back to the gym and hope that the couple of weeks before we leave the hills will be a bit clearer.

I am originally from Poole in Dorset I have been in Scotland for almost four years and this is the most snow I have seen here.

Must get out of the office now and make another visit to Tiso before I have to get back to work.

Janet

Hi,

Im also doing EBC, departing on 29th March instead and a solo traveller. Keen to make friends with similar adventurers, so let me know if you wish to compare training notes, share nervousness etc. I am 34, live in Manchester and doing this for the first time. Have been on a few hikes lately to get fit for the big trek- so fingers crossed!

Cheers

Bharati

Hi I'm on the EBC trip departing 5th March. I'm a solo traveller too and would love to say Hi before we set off. I think there are 5 solo females on the trip so it should be a really good group. Is anyone else as nervous as I am?

H, I think I PM'd you, whatever that means, as my post didn't appear in the main list, so I'm trying again!

Ailsa

Newest Discussions

Recent posts and what you’re talking about right now

Spirit of the Incas - August 2013 by rachhs (2013) Monday, April 08, 2013 12:43 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 03:02 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 03:01 PM
What is the SIGHTSEEINGs of chiang mai_Thailand? by albanobrito (Morocco) Sunday, April 07, 2013 10:42 AM

Active Discussions

Join the forum, add to the debate and share your travel tips

Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (Walking) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 09:41 AM
Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (May 2013) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 09:41 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (May 2013) Friday, April 26, 2013 07:48 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (Walking) Friday, April 26, 2013 07:48 AM

Active Users

48398 registered users, 0 users online right now, 708 topics, 3107 posts.