Jump to Navigation
0808 250 7442
Freephone

Epic China 9th October 2011

Welcome Guest, to make a post on the forum you need to login or register.

Hi all,

We are booked onto this trip and wanted to say hi to anyone else who is also booked onto this trip before we go. Unfortunatly, we are going to be on a different flight than everyone else but apparently it "should" get us into Hong Kong only 5 minutes after everyone else! Hopefully it does otherwise we have to make our own way from the aiprort to the hotel. Starts off the trip with a bit of fun i guess!!!!!

Anyway, hopefully someone reads this who is going!

Dave and Tan

Replies

Yep - booked on the trip - but with additions !!!!
will be flying out earlier - arrive on the friday - so like you, it could be an adventure just getting from the airport to the Hotel - some friends of mine are living in Hong Kong and are getting married that weekend in the bay - so will be attending that before meeting up with the mine adventure group when they arrive - i am staying in the same hotel as the adventure group so will able to catch up before we head out of Hong Kong and the great chinese adventure - looking forward to it
Barry

Hello!!

Just thought I would say hello! We're also booked on the Epic China Trip. We're going on the Finnair flights with the group so hope that you all do find the group/hotel ok and that your flight does get in at the same time (fingers crossed for you!)

We are very excited for the Chinese adventure - especially the Panda Centre for me!!! The reviews on review centre and the pics look brill.

Sarah and Rob :)

as anyone started to think about getting a visa for china and dare i say injections !!!!!!

Hi I'm Anna, Its nice to all start chatting before we embark on our Adventure. I am also booked on the Finnair flights from Heathrow so will be looking forward to meeting some of you hopefully in the Airport before we take off. As for Visa's and flights, the staff at the Adventure company have been really helpful with that and have sent a pile of paperwork to work through indicating all the stuff we need to apply for one. As far as injections are concerned they advise to have these about 8 weeks before you go, we will also need to take anti malarials but the good news is we dont need Yellow Fever! This will be my second holiday as a Solo traveller and really cant wait to meet you all. My last holiday was in Egypt and I had an absolutely fab time with the group of people I met on that trip. Highlights of this trip for me I think will be the amazing and varied food I will get to try, (I'm a total foodie) a revisit to Hong Kong which is out of this world and the people are amazingly friendly and the Yangste River cruise. I'm really sad but I love that HSBC advert with the cormorant fishing. Speak soon A.

glad to hear from you Anna - this will also be my second trip with the company - peru 2 years ago - the group of people i went with made the holiday - as for cormorant fishing - you need the to do the peru trip - they provided the evening meal on lake titicaca -

Barry Oldham

Hi All,

Only 6 weeks and 4 days to go, not that I can't wait or anything ;) ! Finally sorted my new luggage, Visa and Injections so just have to pack now. Looking forward to meeting everyone and having some good discussions about places you'd recommend visiting. Barry, Peru sounds good so I would be interested in hearing more. There is now 15 booked on the trip altogether, 5 solo males, 4 solo females and 3 couples with an age range from the 20 - 80's so we should have a really good group dynamic. See you all soon. A

Jabs sorted
visa sorted
payed up but not spent up yet !!!!!
are we nearly there yet !!!!
reading the trip notes weekly - and over 3 weeks away from work - cannot wait - seems to be a good mix of people on the trip - apparently at the panda reserve - if you want to cuddle a panda its £90. sticks recommended on the great wall of china and mountain trip.
see you all in Hong Kong - who is getting the first round in !!!!

Barry

I'd rather eat one than cuddle one for £90. Apologies animal lovers-its just not me :)! Although I have to admit they did show them on a news story recently and they dont appear to be that cuddly. Its great news about the new direct flights- I was worried that I might end up spending 3 weeks in Helsinki instead. Well looking forward to meeting up. Barry mines a Corona with lime seeing as your already going to be there. Ha! Ha! Enjoy the wedding. A

Hi everyone, I was last to book this trip and can't wait to board plane in Amsterdam for Hong Kong, mine's a Corona too unless there's cider available. Anyone else on KLM flight apart from Claire and me?

See you all two weeks Monday!

Wookey

think i have got everything !!!!!!!!!!! i guess i will find out to late in hong kong - 3 days at work - thursday i will be leaving on a jet plane - friday hen and stag do - a wedding guest for the weekend - all hong kong style - and thats before joining the adventure company on the monday - looking forward to meeting up with you all - by the sounds of it - "think we are gonna need a bigger" supply of corona in hong kong - all have a safe trip - see you on monday afternoon

Barry Oldham

Newest Discussions

Recent posts and what you’re talking about right now

Spirit of the Incas - August 2013 by rachhs (2013) Monday, April 08, 2013 01:43 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 04:02 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 04:01 PM
What is the SIGHTSEEINGs of chiang mai_Thailand? by albanobrito (Morocco) Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:42 AM

Active Discussions

Join the forum, add to the debate and share your travel tips

Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (May 2013) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:41 AM
Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (Walking) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:41 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (May 2013) Friday, April 26, 2013 08:48 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (Walking) Friday, April 26, 2013 08:48 AM

Active Users

47373 registered users, 1 user online right now, 708 topics, 3107 posts.