Jump to Navigation
0808 250 7442
Freephone

Anyone else doing the Inca trail end of Oct 2011

Welcome Guest, to make a post on the forum you need to login or register.

I'm booked onto the inca trail at the end of Oct, travelling solo (for the first time!) and wondering who my travelling companions are going to be - Mark

Replies

I could be one of your fellow travellers.......it should be a good trip.......just got to work out how to travel light.......Helena

Hi Helena

I'm flying into Lima on 22nd and then going down to Puna for a few days before then gong by bus up to Cusco to join abother party doing the Inca trail and then flying back arriving UK on 5th Nov. Know what you mean about the packing - do you sacrifice clean underwear in favour of trendy evening kit or vice versa!!!???!!!

Mark

Have not even thought of evening kit - I have every packing device known to man, but my bag is growing by the day - will have to rationalise next week.

Take loads of underwear - we're British - we keep covered up!!

Am very tempted to take a pair of sparkly dance shoes just in case....

Hope to see you on the mountain somewhere - if not have a great trip..............

Soooooo excited I cannot sleep!

The Duvet Cover

Duvet covers and comforter sets are a specimen of quality workmanship. in they are finished on both top and bottom sides and are reversible. Most duvet covers have hidden buttons, a 6 flap to enclose duvet and interior corner ties. Duvet shams have envelope closures; quilted shams have ties. These duvet covers and comforters are available in a wide array of designs & colors and make-up as a fine collection that reflects exquisite taste.

Feeling a bit trebidated - a bit like a 13 year at boarding school having to fly for the first time on his own but at least there will be a responsible adult waiting for me at the other end!

I thought about the sparkling shoes but decided against them (didn't match anything else I was packing)

Climbed snowdon last weekend for training, weather was shite so only spent 13 seconds on the summit - legs have refused to go up and down stairs all week without looking like a cripple.

Are you gong to Puno first or straight to Cusco?

Mark

Hey

The only solution for you is to only visit places that have lifts............

I hope you last longer than 13 seconds at machu picchu!

You sound very co ordinated on the clothes front. It's a worry. I'm looking fwd to crazy hair and no makeup for a few weeks.

Going straight to Cusco I think.

Now I can understand why Paddington had that label attached to him............

See you on the hill in a few weeks - regards Helena

Rationalised the packing down to ten t shirts, two shorts and a pair of jeans and still overweight - resorting to cutting the sleeves off the T shirts, that should do it! Maybe the hairdryer, laptop and portable dvd player is overdoing it a slightly on the luxury front but a bloke needs his life comforts even in peru!

Mark

Hi Helena

Just read some of the other blogs and am seriously worried that we are not taking this seriously enough; especially the Everest Base Camp lot who seem more worried about vaccines and visa than sparkly shoes?!?

Decided to get serious, ditch the hairdryer, laptop and dvd and am currently sowing all the sleeves back on my T Shirts.

Looking forward to meeting you and the others (nine of us apparently, 5 blokes and 4 gals) on the other side of the world in a couple of weeks!

Mark

It's never a good thing to take life too seriously!

Good luck with your sewing.....I'm still trying to squash my sleeping bag & thermorest back into those silly little bags...

This trip should be a hoot...

see you soon

Hi Helena

Agreed - life's definately too short to be serious all the time.

Starting to get stressed at work now though as leaving in seven days and got loads to finish. And then there's two weeks of emails when you get back - why do we bother even taking time off.

Pretty sure I've got everything bought now and laid out on the bedroom floor. Unfortuately the dogs keep running off with socks and underpants (what is the facination?!?) so highly likely I'll be commando afterall.

Good luck with getting the sleeping bag in the sack; second only to putting a cover on a kingsize duvet, or is that just cos I'm a bloke?

Mark

Duvets - yes thats because you are a bloke! You just have to put the top corners in first then shake it about and then do the poppers - easy!! Get the dogs to help you next time - its will distract them and stop them eating your socks and undies...

As for the email - stick an out off office on there or delegate a trusted colleague to trawl through those until you get back.

Have a good weekend trying to squash everything in your bag!

On a non-travel note, this may be interesting for those of you who have difficulty putting on a duvet cover (and demonstrated by a guy too!)

http://youtu.be/zniJBQGfYiI

I use this method (with less crazy shaking!) for my kingsize duvet.

Sean

Hey Sean

Thanks for that - totally life changing, tried it last night and it worked. Unfortunately couldn't get comfortable all night for some reason - when I came to make the bed this morning found a dog in one of the corners!!!!

You joining us in Peru at the end of the month?

Today is the big weigh in - 15kg or bust!!!!!

Mark

Hi

Travelling solo too very excited to meet new people and have a great time I am leaving LHR on the 25th 18 something hours. my rucksack is bigger than me hope to bring lots of goodies back

How excited am I?!

Hi Maria

Welcome on board! Still wondering what's happened to the other six people joining us. Hope you've got a sense of humour cos I think we've concluded that we're not the sensible type (just wait til you see my sparkling shoes - couldn't bear to be upstaged by a young lady).

Thirty four hours to take-off and counting (I'm on the extension to Puno before I join you lot) - there's so much to do!!!!

You got that maggot in its bag yet Helena?

Mark

oh no cant belive it I am so excited I got the date wrong I thought I was off today and have just checked my ticke and its tomorrow. I can only hope I arrive at the right place. Good job I have a GSOH looking forward to meeting new pepole

Somehow got the sleeping bag into the tiniest stuff sack in the whole world. I might need help for the duration of the trip to manage that again if we are to get up the hill!

2 sleeps to go................

see you at the weekend

Hi Helena

One sleep to go at this end.

Being really stupid and going to a black tie do tomorrow night with a taxi booked back home from Liverpool at midnight and then another picking me up at 2.30am to catch the flight out of Manchester at 6.05.

If you've got two sleeps to go does that mean that you're flying out Saturday as well and going down to Puno? I thought you were going straight to Cusco flying out Monday?

Mark

1 sleep to go

I'm going from Heathrow - staying there the night before - ' cos I've got to be checked in at stupid o'clock.

Finally got around to reading the itinerary - am going to Puno too...

Enjoy your do tonight - go easy on the dancing party boy - you've got a lot of steps to climb next week!

Newest Discussions

Recent posts and what you’re talking about right now

Spirit of the Incas - August 2013 by rachhs (2013) Monday, April 08, 2013 01:43 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 04:02 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 04:01 PM
What is the SIGHTSEEINGs of chiang mai_Thailand? by albanobrito (Morocco) Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:42 AM

Active Discussions

Join the forum, add to the debate and share your travel tips

Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (May 2013) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:41 AM
Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (Walking) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:41 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (Walking) Friday, April 26, 2013 08:48 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (May 2013) Friday, April 26, 2013 08:48 AM

Active Users

46685 registered users, 0 users online right now, 708 topics, 3107 posts.