Jump to Navigation
0808 250 7442
Freephone

Adventure Nepal 8th April 2011

Welcome Guest, to make a post on the forum you need to login or register.

Hi, I have just booked, I am travelling alone and this will be my first trekking holiday.  I  would love to hear from anyone who is booked on this trip, as well as any feedback/suggestions from people who have been, thanks Liz

Replies

hi, im doing the adventure nepal, but the one after leaving on the 18th
I have never done ANYTHING like this so would be great to hear what stuff you're taking, how you're preparing etc :) thanks Yasmin

Hi Yasmin, I have started getting my kit together, really just focusing on the basics for now, buying the 'microlight' version of everything i.e. towel, sleeping bag etc to keep kit weight down. I am doing quite a bit of walking, but I am worried about whether I will be fit enough for this trip, I am not really into "going to the gym", prefer being outdoors. I nearly booked the 18th, shame, would have been good to know someone before setting off. Hopefully we will both hear from other trekkers before we go. Liz x

Im beginning to think about fitness too, Im trying to walk as much as i can and ive been going for jogs recently too. I know what you mean about the gym, so uninspiring! like a bit of scenery to keep things interesting.
Im always the person who over packs on holidays for the 'just in case' situations so Im trying so hard to go, i will not need that, when i think about what to pack.
I know, hopefully others will come on here too, would be great to have an idea who we're gonna be spending the time with
Yasmin x

Hi, im going on the trip on the 8th, im glad theres another solo traveller going, who I can get to know before I go. Iv begun to gather things and buy thinks like sleeping bag and get the vaccinations. I dont really no what to pack other than what is on the trip notes list, so if anyone has any extra ideas that would be great!!!

Hi Seph, great to know another solo traveller is on the trip. I have been chatting with someone who did this trip last October, we are now friends on facebook, so keeping in touch and hope to get lots of packing tips!
Have you done anything like this before? Its my first adventure, really excited!
Liz

Hi Yasmin, I always over pack too! Am really going to struggle to pack only essentials! Can't believe I have only 56 days before I set off! Liz

Hi lizzy, whats your name for facebook ill add you? whats yours as well yasmin?

I have done hiking before but nothing quite like this it should be really good!!! Im also really excited about the the culture and the wildlife as well!!! I cant believe we get to go on an elephant back safari that should be amazing! But I didnt quite understand we go white water rafting but did it say we also canoe when we are in the jungle as well?

Hi Seph, Liz Morelli on facebook, bet I am the old lady of the group at 44! Yes we canoe in the jungle, as well as the elephant safari, should be fantastic! Not so sure about the white water rafting but hope will be fun. I think just spending some time in Katmandu and local villages will be amazing. I need to shape up, climbed the highest hill in West Yorkshire today, so a good 7 miles of hills which I guess is as good a start as any. Liz

Hi, I think iv added you on facebook liz. And the white water rafting will be really fun, althought I dont think we really do much, we pritty much just sit there and get a little wet haha. Nah I dont no but im still looking forward to it. Good look with the walk, I wonder how far we will be going each day, it said time but not distance. I wonder how far 4 to 6 hours a day over mountains will actually be???

I am told its about 2 miles per hour, so guessing 8 - 12 miles, yikes!

hi seph, my facebooks yasmin neville
Im sure you wont be the old lady of the group liz! as long as you get on with everyone itll all be fine
i wish i had some hills near me, im down south so its pretty flat all round here, would be really good preparation
the date seems to have really crept up! it only feels like 2 weeks ago i booked it
Yasmin x

Thanks Yasmin, appreciate your comment and I am sure you are absolutely right, it will be fine! Lots of hills here, trying to get lots of practice, Liz x

Any advice on what boots or shoes are good, i have been looking but cant decide-fancy the shoes (merril hedgehog) dont know if they will be sturdy enough. Im planning to go in october. Thanks.

Very excited! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi all, I'm also travelling alone and will be landing a day early (8th), will anybody else be around then? I've had all the jabs for previous holidays so in my disorganised state malaria slipped my mind, what have you guys been recommended for this?
Looking forward to meeting you all,
John

Hi John, Lloyds pharmacy usually keep Malerone in stock so its quick to get hold of- I'm definitely not an organised person so ordered mine today. Malerone is definitely the one to go for in my opinion, bit more expensive but the only one with no known side effects. Look forward to meeting you in Kathmandu. Harriet

Hi John, Seph, a young lady called Harriet and I are all flying out of Heathrow on the evening of the 8th so won't see you until the 9th unfortunately. Apparently no malaria in Kathmandu or where we are trekking, but risky in Chitwan. I am going to take malaria tablets for this part of the trip (have Malarone so only need to start 2 days prior), I am probably over cautious though? It will be great to meet you, sounds like you are well travelled and possibly done this type of holiday before? Its my first trek!!!

Newest Discussions

Recent posts and what you’re talking about right now

Spirit of the Incas - August 2013 by rachhs (2013) Monday, April 08, 2013 01:43 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 04:02 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 04:01 PM
What is the SIGHTSEEINGs of chiang mai_Thailand? by albanobrito (Morocco) Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:42 AM

Active Discussions

Join the forum, add to the debate and share your travel tips

Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (May 2013) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:41 AM
Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (Walking) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:41 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (Walking) Friday, April 26, 2013 08:48 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (May 2013) Friday, April 26, 2013 08:48 AM

Active Users

46668 registered users, 1 user online right now, 708 topics, 3107 posts.