Jump to Navigation
0808 250 7442
Freephone

Active in the Pyrenees 11th Sept 2011

Welcome Guest, to make a post on the forum you need to login or register.

Hi,

Am booked on to this and really looking forward to it! Done a few of these types of holidays before and they're such good fun :o) I think the hardest part will be the early flight out!! If you're going too say hi. Nick

Replies

Hi Nick, I'm Stephen. I'm booked on this trip too. Never done a trip like this before so really looking forward to it. I'm actually travelling from Dublin so I won't be meeting up with the group until I get to the hotel. Are you a solo traveller too?

Nice to hear from you. Yes am solo traveller too. I've generally found with these sorts of holidays where you're all doing crazy stuff together that you're all best mates by the end of the first day! If nothing else knowing what I'm going to be up to in a few weeks has introduced new vigour into my general exercise routine :o) Hope your trip from Dublin goes ok and look forward to meeting you on site. Nick

Hi
I'm Gemma. Looking forward to a break. Desperate to get away! - especially if it inolves going at speed on 2 wheels down a hill!
Agree the early flight is a bit of a nightmare - early night required.

Hi Gemma. Look forward to meeting you. I'll be the one with a bag over my head at the airport! Early night definitely. I'm thinking 5pm?!! Downhill is definitely better than uphill on a bike. Recently did some mountain-biking in the Black Forest and couldn't even keep up with my 10 year old niece up the hills! Not good.

Hi i'm Phil

can't wait to get away seems like forever since i last got out of this country definately ready to escape for a few days. The fact that we'll have some mountains to play with is a great added bonus.

completley putting off figuring out how and when i get to the airport which may not be the best tactic

Hi Phil. Looks like everyone's up for a good action holiday! Have you figured out the first part of your journey yet?! I usually drive and leave my car at one of the airport off-site car parks for the week. That way there's no waiting around for buses or trains on my return. We'll keep the search party on standby for you ;o) Look forward to meeting you. Nick

finally figured out first part of my holiday used undercover hotels to book room saturday night, 7 days parking and hoppa connections for a bargin when i had the booking confirmed turns out to be heathrow crowne plaza. so a chilled out and peacful saturday night in order before meeting you all nice and early for the flight over.

see you all there

I'm Jacqui. I'm travelling down from the North West on the Saturday so I can fly with most of you from Heathrow the next day. I went on a similar activity holiday in Turkey last year and really enjoyed it. Does anybody know what to expect weather/temperature-wise as it would help with packing? I've looked on the internet and not sure which figures to go off. Thanks.

Hi Jacqui. The internet temps vary a lot depending on which site you look! As I'm sure you've found too. I would have thought the best thing to do would be to speak to one of the adventurecompany reps directly as most of them have probably been out there and could give you a much more realistic idea of what to expect. They were very helpful when I spoke to them. Nick

Hi Jacqui

I'm Sean from the Adventure Company. September is just coming out of the very hot season. So we would expect temperatures to get up to 30 degrees Celcius.

However as you're in the mountains, the weather can be changable - with rain coming on (and going again) quickly.

One of our Product Managers who was in Andorra in September remembers it being trousers and t-shirt weather - but getting colder at night.

Obviously with the weather patters ever less predictable, we cant guarantee anything. Which is possibly why you have seen conflicting information.

I hope you all have a great time.

Sean Hughes
Customer Operations Manager

Thanks to you both for your comments on the weather. I'll be better prepared now. I might even bring my winceyette for the evenings!

Jacqui

Hi Folks, I'm Jonathan, looking forward to the trip, although i'm not sure if i've done enough training! Is anybody taking their own bike helmet? Thanks for the info on the temperature/ climate, see you all in terminal 5!

Hi Jonathan, don't own a bike helmet but the trip info says they provide them so I guess it depends how badly you want your own with you! It's never too late for training! I use the zip wire in my garden every morning....

Hello Everybody

I'm Kripa , ive just booked on the same tour. Flying in from Dubai, UAE. So ill be seeing all of you at Toulouse. Really looking forward to it !

Hello Everybody

I'm Kripa , ive just booked on the same tour. Flying in from Dubai, UAE. So ill be seeing all of you at Toulouse. Really looking forward to it ! Anybody else coming from this side of the world ?

Hello everyone,

A little short notice but I've only just found this forum so I thought I could introduce myself too. My name's Chris, I've never been on a trip like this before so I'm really not sure what to expect. Its been a long time since I've had a holiday and desperately need a break. An active get away is definitely what I need.

Looking forward to meeting you all on Sunday.

Hi Chris,

I'm sure this trip will blow away the cobwebs! The weather btw there at the moment looks like what we should be getting here! Look forward to meeting you on Sunday. Nick

Hi Everyone. My name is Helena I have also never been on a trip like this and very much looking foward to it! I'm travelling down to Heathrow on the Saturday night from the noth east and staying in the travel lodge.

Does anyone have any suggestions or tips on what to pack?

Hi Chris,
It looks like there will be a few of us, I did a similar trip to Spain last year and it was great fun. The advice on the trip notes is pretty good for what to take, the weather forcast is for mostly sun with some showers but not too hot (low twenties). I'm taking trainers for the cycling as well as my walking boots and plenty of thick socks :-).
Does anybody have any idea of footwear for the rafting? I'm planning on taking sandals but might leave them out if we can get away with doing it barefoot. Happy Packing!

Jonathan

Thanks for help Jonathan. Do you think we need to take many euros with us?

the way i've been trying to do the maths is to take enough euros to cover the lunchs plus the most expensive excursion on the free day then double it. not sure how realistic that is and knowing me i'll have under budgeted and end up hitting the cash point at some point.

Hi guys,

Not long now :o) I'm taking 100 Euros to start me off but expect to need more and am assuming getting to a cashpoint won't be a problem. Re footwear I'm likewise taking walking boots and old trainers (I seem to remember wearing trainers for rafting and canyoning previously so it's not a bad idea to take some that aren't too precious!!) as well as sandals for warmer weather. The forecast link from this site is promising :o)

Nick

All

Have fun - I am going next week - and thought i may learn something from your comments

Have a great time - may the wind be warm and the sun not too hot

d

Thanks to everyone for making last week such good fun. Did I really do that bungee jump?! Apologies to those I didn't manage to say goodbye to at the airport. Nick

Newest Discussions

Recent posts and what you’re talking about right now

Spirit of the Incas - August 2013 by rachhs (2013) Monday, April 08, 2013 01:43 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 04:02 PM
October 2013 by Gramps (2013) Sunday, April 07, 2013 04:01 PM
What is the SIGHTSEEINGs of chiang mai_Thailand? by albanobrito (Morocco) Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:42 AM

Active Discussions

Join the forum, add to the debate and share your travel tips

Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (Walking) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:41 AM
Toubkal May 2013 by louise.homer (May 2013) Wednesday, May 08, 2013 10:41 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (Walking) Friday, April 26, 2013 08:48 AM
Inca Trail 1 - 11 May 2013 by Mol5096 (May 2013) Friday, April 26, 2013 08:48 AM

Active Users

46668 registered users, 1 user online right now, 708 topics, 3107 posts.