The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
The Serra de Estrela
Malceta Nature Reserve
Fascinating bird and wildlife
The historic country of Portugal has a long and varied history, and a fascinating array of flora and fauna within its borders. Inhabited since prehistoric times, Portugal has developed into one of Europe’s most peaceful and pleasant countries with a vibrant and interesting culture. The cities of Lisbon and Oporto are packed with culture and the countryside is packed with soaring mountains, rolling hills, stunning beaches and green valleys.On your trip here you can see some of the best of the countryside that there is in Portugal. Walk along lush river valleys, through old villages and past turquoise lakes with fantastic bird and wildlife that you can spot along the way. The historic town of Belmonte is dominated by the imposing castle and made up of ancient alleyways and a large Jewish quarter. The nearby Serra da Estrela is a small mountain range dotted with remote villages and renowned for its local flora as well as the views across the valley. Close by, the Zezere Valley, with its large gorge, is a spectacular sightAll around this region the mountains are covered with small villages and towns where you can learn about the history of this incredible country, as well as sample some of the local cheeses, meats and wines that this rich territory produces, a great way to get to know the heart of Portugal!