We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Win a £100 Sports Direct Voucher in our Spot The Ball Competition
Planet Earth's biggest football competition is upon us and brings with it memories of tournaments past. Be it Gazza’s tears in Italy, Maradona’s Hand of God in Mexico, or Ronaldinho’s brilliant (or lucky) free kick sailing into David Seaman’s goal in Japan, all have a strong sense of place associated with them. Sadly, these three examples bring with them a reminder of England’s inevitable defeat in the competition. But they also bring the warmth of nostalgia and memories of the great festival atmosphere at every tournament, which springs into life every four years regardless of the host nation and, fortunately, regardless of the performance of the qualifying Home Nations.
This got us at Adventure Company HQ thinking about what else brings back golden memories for us, and why we're so passionate about the amazing places where these events take place.
Many of us remember fondly the old Spot the Ball competitions in the weekend newspapers, and all of us get excited about the destinations we visit when we look at a trip on our website for the first time. So we created a competition, not only to re-create a version of this classic sports puzzle for our Family Adventurers to play (either together or against each other – we know how competitive some families can be!), but also to encourage young and old alike to search our website for some of the amazing places we visit.
How to play
Every day we will place a football on one of our trip pages, similar to the one at the top of this page. The ball will be placed on a trip that goes to one of the destinations playing that day (there will be a few red herrings, so be sure to follow us on Facebook for a few hints along the way!).
To enter the competition all you need to do is let us know the trip code for the holiday that you saw the football appear on. You can either enter the trip code here or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, entitled "Spot the ball competition". Please include your name, email address and the trip code.
For each correct entry, you will be entered into the draw to win a £100 Sports Direct voucher. You can enter every day of the tournament (but only once a day) and for each correct answer you will get another entry into the draw. So the more times you enter the better your chances of winning!
Terms & Conditions
- The prize is a £100 Sports Direct Voucher
- The competition runs between 12 June to 13 July 2014.
- The winner will be randomly picked from all the correct entries.
- We will announce the winner by 20 July 2014
- You can only enter the competition once per day
More blogs by this author
- Top 5 reasons to keep smiling about Thailand
- Family Holidays from The Adventure Company
- Find us on Facebook and other social networks
- Vote for your Facebook Adventure Holiday Image of 2013
- Take a look at a Turkey Family Holiday
- 5 Family Holiday Destinations with a Difference
- What to expect from a Kilimanjaro Trek
- What to expect from a Tanzania Safari
- Five unmissable sights on a Sri Lankan Holiday
- Experience Rick Stein's India with The Adventure Company
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them