We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Why it's good to go on a family holiday
Going on holiday can be expensive and take a lot or organising and scouting the internet to make sure everyone’s needs are catered for. Sometimes the thought, “Why don’t we just skip it this year?” can come to mind, but here at The Family Adventure Company we feel it’s so important to go on a family holiday, and here’s why:
1.Travelling as a family brings you together. It makes room for those precious shared memories that you can cherish forever. Learning a new skill is exciting, but we think whitewater rafting in the Pyrenees for the first time is far better shared with your son or daughter’s laughter. Children grow up fast these days and are becoming more and more independent by the day, making shared moments often few and far between.
2. A break is good for the mind. A break from the norm can save you a burnout and you’ll return to work and school feeling refreshed and relaxed and ready to take on the next chapter. Sticking to the same routine year after year can be monotonous and have drowning effects on your state of mind. Just relax!
3. Holidays are educational. You’re the foreigner in this far flung land so explore, get to know local people, try new foods, seek out local traditions and learn some history. Even try a new language. Sharing what you have learnt with your brothers and sisters heightens the chance that you’ll remember more as you each take in different aspects. Share your learning!
4. Adventures are good for the body. We’re not just talking about lazing on a beach for two weeks. A holiday is exactly what you make it: for those that need to zip wire, raft, horse ride or cycle-off their daily lives, head for the Costa Rica. For those in need of some cultural stimulation in exchange for history lessons, head to Burma. Learning out the famous Angkor complex in Cambodia is far more exciting when you have the real thing to explore.
5. Once you’re there, the hassle is forgotten. With The Family Adventure Company, we take the hassle out of your adventure. But, we do understand that leaving the dogs at home and just making sure you’ve packed enough t-shirts is enough to worry about, so when you arrive to a blazing sun, friendly locals and delicious foods, all your worries are forgotten and you can get down to enjoying family time together.
6. Finally, life is there to be enjoyed, so give us a quick call, pack your bags and off you go.
More blogs by this author
- Great UK Day Trips this Summer
- Save your battery and avoid losing your electronic devices at the airport
- Q & A with Adventurous Alfie
- Cultures, camping and cooking
- Six things you've got to do in Cambodia
- 24 hours in Hanoi
- Is there a way to enjoy public transport on your daily commute?
- Where to go in 2014 for a family summer holiday
- 5 tips for packing the perfect rucksack for an adventure
- Safe practices for a happy Holi
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them