We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Why going solo can make for the best adventure holidays
If anyone else is like me, they will know at least one couple that spends endless amounts of time uploading reams and reams of their holiday snaps on to Facebook.While some may find it nice to see said duo lovingly share a cocktail on the beach or riding a tandem bicycle through the mountains, for those who have not met their perfect match yet - or worse still, have recently broken up with their partner - such photos are probably the last thing you want to see.
However, all is not lost. I have found that heading off on a solo holiday is the perfect way to meet new people while also travelling around some of the world's most exotic places at the same time. Although it can be daunting at first, biting the bullet and heading away on your own is a massive confidence booster and there is no chance of a conflict of interests, or bickering with a partner putting a downer on your trip. As a keen walker, I think that embarking on trekking trips is the way forward for singletons. Spending time getting to know other hikers and helping them along the tricky paths of Nepal or Peru is a certain way to build bonds with like-minded people that often last for life. Who knows? There could be the potential for romance as you wind your way along the trails leading up to Mount Kilimanjaro or Everest.
Personally speaking, though, the best solo holiday experience has to be a safari trip to Africa. Seeing creatures like giraffes, elephants and wildebeest in their natural environment for the first time is something that is as powerful whether you are alone, with a loved one or with a group. Watching a fearsome pride of lions prowl around the vehicle you are sharing with a group of strangers can also be an extremely effective icebreaker!
More blogs by this author
- Experience the Volcanoes of Costa Rica
- Tanzania offers an all-round holiday experience
- Insider's view: An Indian Summer
- Family Summer Holidays in Andorra
- Tanzania had me feeling like a child in a sweet shop
- Jordan is family-friendly as well as fascinating
- Turkey is my ultimate activity holiday hotspot
- India's stunning architecture left me amazed
- Take the Rongai Route for an alternative view of Tanzania
- Our Sri Lankan elephant safari was awe-inspiring
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them