We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Where to go in 2014 for a family summer holiday
We can't believe it's already March! February half term passed by in a flash and the Easter and summer holidays are fast approaching. That means, if you haven't already sorted out your family's next adventure, don't panic, here's three of our top favourite trips for 2014.
Often associated with winter breaks and the Northern Lights, Iceland is also an exciting summer holiday destination. With pleasant highs of around 15'C but still some fascinating glaciers and icebergs around, a summer trip to Iceland is a quirky mix of warm activities with swimming in the Blue Lagoon and taking a boat cruise through the southern shores, to colder activities including boiling an egg in a hot spring and going lava caving. For a short haul destination, Iceland is great for something a llittle different to the generic beach break.
This far flung destination is not always top of the list when you think of a family adventure, but we recommend it should be! Not only is Borneo home to some incredible wildlife, but fascinating tribes, beautiful rainforests and colourful fish and sea turtles. Exotic and often considered unreachable, Borneo offers families the chance to camp amidst the rainforest, go in search of the orangutans and uncover the secrets of hidden tribes in the dense rainforest. As a long haul destination for families, Borneo is definitely worth the longer travel time.
See the world from the water as you follow in the tailwinds of a powerful ancient civilisation. Italy's Amalfi Coast is just a short flight away and your family could be cruising the cosmopolitan coastline, learning to sail with your personal skipper and playing games off the back of the boat. Coupled with a few historical stops for some educational value, the ancient ruins of Pompeii can be explored on shore and don't forget to try out Italy's signature dish, pizza. With high temperatures of almost 30'C, the warm climate and short travel time makes sailing Italy's Amalfi Coast a great summer holiday idea.
Other blogs for this trip
More blogs by this author
- Save your battery and avoid losing your electronic devices at the airport
- Q & A with Adventurous Alfie
- Cultures, camping and cooking
- Why it's good to go on a family holiday
- Six things you've got to do in Cambodia
- 24 hours in Hanoi
- Is there a way to enjoy public transport on your daily commute?
- 5 tips for packing the perfect rucksack for an adventure
- Safe practices for a happy Holi
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them