We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
What to expect from a Kilimanjaro Trek
Ever wondered what it would be like to Trek Kilimanjaro, the world's highest mountain? Located in Tanzania, Mount Kilimanjaro offers the traveller a unique experience and unforgettable memories.
There are many routes to Trek Kilimanjaro. Each route is different based on their location, difficulty and interest. Trekking Kilimanjaro with The Adventure Company will take you on one of four routes, The Rongai Routes, Marangu Route, Machame Route or the Lemosho Route.
The Rongai Route is quieter, more gradual, off the beaten track, perfect for beginners with possible safari sightings.
The Marangu Route is the classic route up Kilimanjaro, it is more straightforward and will take you through many different ecosystems giving you a chance to see a wide variety of flora and fauna.
The Machame Route is a much steeper ascent with scrambling involved, and is best for more experienced trekkers.
The Lemosho Route up Kilimanjaro is the longest route, offering trekkers time to acclimatise to the conditions and greater chance of reaching the summit.
A Kilimanjaro trek will allow you to experience some amazing sights, our traveller, Danielle blogged about her Kilimanjaro trek
"The jungle is beautiful, I expect Tarzan to come swinging through the trees at any moment, huge trees draped in moss cover the skyline, fire ants scurry around our feet and monkeys play happily in the trees over head. The route is not too steep, as much down as up, or so it seems and 3.5 hours later we arrive at camp 1500 ft higher than we started at the trail head. We head to bed early, monkeys still playing overhead as tomorrow is a going to be a tough day."
Alan climbed Kilimanjaro on the Rongal Route and shared his experiences with us
"In 2009 I met a man who had just come back from trekking up Kilimanjaro. Whilst I was speaking to him I couldn't help notice that he was floating just off the ground. He was still high from his trip!. The more we spoke the more I thought, that sounds fantastic, and a seed was born." Read more
Another climber writes,
"Few places around the world can offer the same thrill as this Tanzanian hotspot. Many tourists, myself included, combine their trip up the tallest peak in Africa with a bit of safari-based fun. With the Serengeti in close proximity, it is hard to think of another destination that can appeal to wildlife and nature lovers as much as this."
Other blogs for this trip
More blogs by this author
- Family Holidays from The Adventure Company
- Find us on Facebook and other social networks
- Vote for your Facebook Adventure Holiday Image of 2013
- Take a look at a Turkey Family Holiday
- 5 Family Holiday Destinations with a Difference
- What to expect from a Tanzania Safari
- Five unmissable sights on a Sri Lankan Holiday
- Experience Rick Stein's India with The Adventure Company
- Tigers & the Taj Mahal by Honey - aged 10
- Top Ten India Tips
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them