We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Jordan is family-friendly as well as fascinating
Most people may assume that the intriguing historical sights of Jordan are best explored alone or as a couple - well I can categorically say they are wrong.
Make no bones about it, the country is fantastic if you are on your own, but to the surprise of many, the Jordan offers family-friendly holiday that is welcoming and fascinating. Throughout the entire duration of the trip the kids were able to play football and other games with the very hospitable local youngsters, which really did make the holiday extra special.
One would think children may not appreciate the stunning architecture of the famous city of Petra or the rugged natural beauty of Wadi Rum - but this was definitely not the case. They were equally in awe of Jordan's charms as I was and the tremendous guides who were on hand really broadened their knowledge - it was the best history lesson they could have hoped for.
Towards the end of our eight-day family holiday we headed to Aqaba, which proved to be one of two major overall highlights. People have compared the coastal region with the Great Barrier Reef in Australia such is the vast array of stunning marine life that exists in the area. The beaches are gorgeous and, unsurprisingly, they were extremely popular with the younger members of our clan.
The second standout moment of our Jordan family holiday came the following day when we visited the Dead Sea. I had been told this particular part of the Middle East - which is the lowest point on Earth - has almost a spiritual feel to it and they were not wrong. It is hard to describe the feeling you get when you jump in the water and instantly start to float around due to the high salt content. I can confirm it was enormous fun and it was a great moment to share as a family - one that I will cherish forever.
Other blogs for this trip
More blogs by this author
- Experience the Volcanoes of Costa Rica
- Tanzania offers an all-round holiday experience
- Insider's view: An Indian Summer
- Family Summer Holidays in Andorra
- Tanzania had me feeling like a child in a sweet shop
- Turkey is my ultimate activity holiday hotspot
- India's stunning architecture left me amazed
- Take the Rongai Route for an alternative view of Tanzania
- Our Sri Lankan elephant safari was awe-inspiring
- Take the Machame Route for the ultimate Kilimanjaro experience
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them