The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Visit Vietnam for a real family adventure
Searching for the ideal place to take a family holiday really doesn't need to be stressful, well it isn't in my household anyway. Both my partner and I had always dreamt of spending a few weeks in the beautiful country that is Vietnam, so at least we were always singing from the same hymn sheet.
The biggest obstacle was explaining to the kids that exploring the delights of the Mekong Delta, Hanoi and Halong Bay would be far more exciting than spending a fortnight being herded around by people dressed as Disney characters. However, once I had shown them a few pictures and video clips of the lush beaches and vast range of activities that Vietnam has to offer, they were firmly on board.
Once we arrived, they were soon very glad to have made such a decision. It's hard to imagine a destination that has more to see and do than Vietnam. There really is something for the whole family and all of us returned having had an immensely enjoyable time. While the children were regaled by water puppet shows in Hanoi and the adventure of going on an overnight boat trip from Halong Bay, the highlight for me was boarding the famous Reunification Express train.
I cannot recommend such excursions highly enough. Organised trips can be an excellent way to see a country as a family, but it is also nice to have some free time to do what ever you like. In Vietnam, there are so many markets, boat trips and beaches to walk around there really is never a dull moment.
Despite their early reservations, the kids were soon gripped by the magic of the nation and spent every morning bursting into our hotel room attempting to wake up my partner and I in anticipation of the next day's adventure on our Vietnam Holiday. Good Morning Vietnam indeed.
Other blogs for this trip
More blogs by this author
- The Arenal volcano is the highlight of Costa Rica
- Tanzania offers an all-round holiday experience
- Insider's view: An Indian Summer
- Andorra is not just a winter destination
- Tanzania had me feeling like a child in a sweet shop
- Jordan is family-friendly as well as fascinating
- Turkey is my ultimate activity holiday hotspot
- India's stunning architecture left me amazed
- Take the Rongai Route for an alternative view of Tanzania
- Our Sri Lankan elephant safari was awe-inspiring
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them