The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Turkey is my ultimate activity holiday hotspot
Our family activity holidays in Turkey are great for families seeking adventure and relaxation.
It is little wonder that Turkey holidays are so immensely popular among Britons these days. Not only is the country blessed with stunning beaches and red hot weather, but the locals are friendly, the restaurants are superb and, best of all, there is a multitude of activities to engage in.
The lively resort of Kas is everything you would expect from a Turkish seaside destination and more. It has certainly developed a great reputation among adrenaline junkies as a place to take part in some high-octane watersports and I couldn't wait to get in amongst the action.
There is something for the whole family and the kids were equally as keen as my partner and I about going scuba diving for the first time. I have never come across such beautifully clear waters and it was amazing how much marine life we were able to come into close contact with. We were so impressed that we returned to the bay in the evening to embark on a unique night snorkelling trip, which was a magnificent experience.
Water proved to be an overriding theme of the entire holiday, as we also went kayaking, before boarding a gulet - a traditional wooden sailing boat - for two days. This was undoubtedly our favourite part of the holiday, as it gave us the ultimate vantage point to see the breathtaking coastline and there was ample opportunity for us to go swimming in the warm waters along the way.
Although there is plenty of Turkey to explore, Kas is the type of place that you can go year after year and never get bored. The town itself is full of top class restaurants and historic streets, which adds to the appeal of the resort, but as you may be able to guess, for me, it is all about the extensive range of activities that are on offer. I can't wait to take my family there again.
We have a number of dedicated family holidays to Turkey including Active Turkey, our most popular Turkey Family Holiday designed especially for families with teenagers.
Walking the Lycean Way is a dedicated family holiday taking in the beautiful Lycean way, Mt. Olympos and time for swimming and relaxing on the stunning Turkish coast.
For an even more active Turkey holiday, check out Active Cappadocia including horseback riding, mountain biking and a chance to visit the Derinkuyu Underground City.
Other blogs for this trip
More blogs by this author
- The Arenal volcano is the highlight of Costa Rica
- Tanzania offers an all-round holiday experience
- Insider's view: An Indian Summer
- Andorra is not just a winter destination
- Tanzania had me feeling like a child in a sweet shop
- Jordan is family-friendly as well as fascinating
- India's stunning architecture left me amazed
- Take the Rongai Route for an alternative view of Tanzania
- Our Sri Lankan elephant safari was awe-inspiring
- Take the Machame Route for the ultimate Kilimanjaro experience
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them