We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
What to expect from a Tanzania Safari
Tanzania contains one of the largest one of the largest, wildest animal populations on the planet. On Safari in Tanzania you can expect to see a vast range of wildlife from flamingo to wildebeest, they're all here.
The Great Serengeti National park is located in the middle of Tanzania and is host to one of the largest collections of wildlife. On our Rift Valley Safari you can expect to see lion, cheetah, leopard, wildebeest, zebra, giraffe, gazelle and the odd dog.
On a Tanzania Safari you can expect to be up early, travelling in a 4x4 with your guide to search for game, returning late in the afternoon to your camp. The Kongoini Mobile Camp will provide you with comfortable tents with beds, carpets and bathroom with a shower under the stars. The tent moves over the season to track the wildlife migration ensuring you are always close to the action.
The Family Serengeti Safari will take you Lake Manayara in the heart of the rift valley. The Great Rift Valley is one of the most dramatic features on earth, stretching from the Dead Sea in Jordan through Tanzania and onto Mozambique in the South. At Lake Manayara you will see the tree climbing lions.
No one knows why the lions climb here, perhaps its the tree shapes, perfect for reclining Lions or their desire to get out of the way of herds of buffalo and elephant that also pass through.
Flamingos at the Ngorongoro Crater can be seen on the Serengeti Explorer. The crater is actually one of the world's largest intact and unfilled Caldera volcano. It erupted about 3 million years ago, collapsing in on itself to form the crater. A 4x4 Safari into the crater will take you to the 'Makat' or 'Magadi' lake that supports huge flogs of wild flamingos.
In between wildlife watching your Safari will also take in unrivalled views across the African plains and offer a chance to relax and enjoy the natural wonders. You'll need to choose when to visit Tanzania. Inland the temperature doesn't fluctuate so much but at the height of the dry season most wildlife migrate towards Kenya. Each Safari trip will be organised around the best times to see wildlife so you can relax and plan your holiday with the experts.
Other blogs for this trip
More blogs by this author
- Family Holidays from The Adventure Company
- Find us on Facebook and other social networks
- Vote for your Facebook Adventure Holiday Image of 2013
- Take a look at a Turkey Family Holiday
- 5 Family Holiday Destinations with a Difference
- What to expect from a Kilimanjaro Trek
- Five unmissable sights on a Sri Lankan Holiday
- Experience Rick Stein's India with The Adventure Company
- Tigers & the Taj Mahal by Honey - aged 10
- Top Ten India Tips
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them