We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
The Taj Mahal - the jewel in India's crown
When you read through the list containing the current Seven Wonders of the World, many people may have a few qualms over some of the landmarks that appear. However, in my opinion, there is no doubt that the Taj Mahal thoroughly deserves its place.
With a new vote already underway, the famous Agra temple's days as one of the Seven Wonders are numbered, but in my mind, it will always be one of the most special and fascinating places on Earth. I find it difficult to comprehend the sheer magnitude of the building, which took 20,000 workers more than 20 years to complete. They do say that good things come to those who wait.
The flawless symmetry and the mirror image that is created in the surrounding water on a sunny day really does take your breath away. While the Taj Mahal is undoubtedly the jewel in India's crown, there is far more to the country. I have always relished being in an urban setting, but nothing could quite prepare me for the bustling nature of Delhi.
It is an amazing city and somewhere that really tests your reactions, as there is something going on everywhere you look. Although it has a population in the region of one billion, there are still some places to escape from all of the rickshaws and street sellers. Heading out into the sticks to see tigers in their natural habitat was an undoubted highlight, but for me, it still couldn't live up to the excitement I felt at seeing the great Taj Mahal.
My animal-loving girlfriend would almost certainly disagree, so finding a package that allowed us both to travel to different parts of the Asian country and get the most out of our Indian adventure was absolutely vital. One thing we could both agree on though is that visiting India was a magical experience.
Other blogs for this trip
More blogs by this author
- Experience the Volcanoes of Costa Rica
- Tanzania offers an all-round holiday experience
- Insider's view: An Indian Summer
- Family Summer Holidays in Andorra
- Tanzania had me feeling like a child in a sweet shop
- Jordan is family-friendly as well as fascinating
- Turkey is my ultimate activity holiday hotspot
- India's stunning architecture left me amazed
- Take the Rongai Route for an alternative view of Tanzania
- Our Sri Lankan elephant safari was awe-inspiring
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them