The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Secluded Andorra offers the ultimate winter experience
Tucked away in between France and Spain, the tiny principality of Andorra must surely be one of Europe's best kept secrets. The fact the country doesn't even have its own airport could mean the fascinating skiing destination often flies under the radar of less experienced winter sports enthusiasts. However, for those who have sampled the pistes of numerous different locations around the world, Andorra is a stand-out resort.
The nation is situated in the middle of the Pyrenees, which means stunning views are par for the course. Aside from its undoubted beauty, visitors will be taken in by the sheer novelty of the country. The main language is Catalan - although French and Spanish are also widely spoken - and visitors fly into Toulouse in France in order to get there. It is also a great place to indulge in a spot of retail therapy, as Andorra is completely tax free.
While it is clearly a quirky and intriguing destination, Andorra's main selling point is its top quality ski facilities. Experienced and amateur skiers can both find plenty of slopes to hone their skills and there are a large number of other snow-based activities on offer. For me, one of the most bizarre, yet extremely engaging excursions was learning about winter survival, which included tips on how to build a sturdy igloo.
For those who do not wish to become an Eskimo for the day, there are cross country skiing tracks and even the chance to go dog-sledding. Being pulled along by a pack of Huskies was one of the more surreal moments of my life, but also one of the most enjoyable. Despite being so secluded and free of media attention, Andorra can easily compete with more heavyweight ski destinations across Europe and I would certainly recommend it to anyone looking for the ideal winter holiday, whether they are confident on the slopes or not.
Other blogs for this trip
More blogs by this author
- The Arenal volcano is the highlight of Costa Rica
- Tanzania offers an all-round holiday experience
- Insider's view: An Indian Summer
- Andorra is not just a winter destination
- Tanzania had me feeling like a child in a sweet shop
- Jordan is family-friendly as well as fascinating
- Turkey is my ultimate activity holiday hotspot
- India's stunning architecture left me amazed
- Take the Rongai Route for an alternative view of Tanzania
- Our Sri Lankan elephant safari was awe-inspiring
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them