We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Q & A with Adventurous Alfie
One of our youngest travellers here at The Family Adventure Company tells us why he loves Thailand so much, and we couldn't agree more!
Q1. What is your best memory of the holiday?
A1. The day with the elephants. I fed them watermelons and pumpkins. We gave them a bath as well in the river. It was the first time I met an elephant.
Q2. Did you visit many temples?
A2. Loads of temples. Hundreds. Well maybe about 20. We said prayers with a monk and rang the temple bells. We climbed about 500 steps to the monkey temple. There was a big family of monkeys that we fed as well.
Q3. What was your favourite food? Did you like it?
A3. I quite liked the curries. We went to one McDonalds. I also found an ‘Alfie’ chocolate bar.
Q4. Did the hotels have swimming pools?
A4. I think I swam every day. I had a lot of fun playing with my brother and sister. One pool had a little slide and I also swam in a waterfall.
Q5. Did you travel on any strange vehicles?
A5. Yes. We travelled on two trains that went all night. I woke up and had breakfast on the train. There were bunk beds and I had the bottom bunk.
Q6. What was the weather like?
A6. Hot. Really hot. It was summertime and we had lots of ice creams. Ame and I found a fan in one temple.
Alfie travelled on our Thailand, Land of Smiles trip. Alfie is only 5 years old and has admitted that he had a little bit of help from his older brother and sister with a couple of his answers.
Other blogs for this trip
More blogs by this author
- Family fun in Kenya
- Great UK Day Trips this Summer
- Save your battery and avoid losing your electronic devices at the airport
- Cultures, camping and cooking
- Why it's good to go on a family holiday
- Six things you've got to do in Cambodia
- 24 hours in Hanoi
- Is there a way to enjoy public transport on your daily commute?
- Where to go in 2014 for a family summer holiday
- 5 tips for packing the perfect rucksack for an adventure
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them