We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Great UK Day Trips this Summer
Family travel website Take the Family shares its top days out with the kids.
Life, alas, can't always be about big family holidays and exotic locations, and if you're looking forward to autumn and winter trips overseas, you'll need to keep the kids entertained in the meantime – and often when the weather isn't so great.
At takethefamily.com, we're great fans of days out and short breaks as ways of keeping everyone happy and of getting a rest from domestic chores and routine. The following are our top 5 ideas for days out this summer.
Eden Project, Cornwall
We love Cornwall – the beaches are the big draw, naturally, but there's a huge number of family-friendly attractions too. The Eden Project not only features the world's biggest indoor rainforest but has a busy program of events and special exhibitions, including this summer's Dinosaurs Unleashed.
This prehistoric monument is now much more family-friendly, with a bigger and better visitor centre with plenty of interactive gizmos and five brand-new reconstructed Neolithic huts with costumed actors talking about our ancestors' lives and demonstrating their daily activities.
Sutton Hoo, Suffolk
Whether or not you've seen the new exhibition of finds at London's mighty British Museum, this Anglo-Saxon burial site makes for a fantastic day out – as well as the historical exhibitions, there are activity trails, dressing up, woodland walks and an adventure playground.
Battle of Bannockburn Visitor Centre, Scotland
The medieval battle in question took place 700 years ago – and a new exhibition has opened this year in celebration of that fact, using 3D technology and live shows to convey the sights and sounds of medieval battle to vivid effect.
Alton Towers, Staffordshire
It's not all about culture and history when it comes to days out with kids. We adore a good themepark – and this summer the long-established Alton Towers has upped the ante for those with younger kids with the addition of CBeebies Land with both rides and live entertainment.
See our site for more family days out inspiration
Other blogs for this trip
More blogs by this author
- Family fun in Kenya
- Save your battery and avoid losing your electronic devices at the airport
- Q & A with Adventurous Alfie
- Cultures, camping and cooking
- Why it's good to go on a family holiday
- Six things you've got to do in Cambodia
- 24 hours in Hanoi
- Is there a way to enjoy public transport on your daily commute?
- Where to go in 2014 for a family summer holiday
- 5 tips for packing the perfect rucksack for an adventure
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them