The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Everest Base Camp Trek - March 2010
Nothing worthwhile doing in life is ever easy.....and the Everest Base Camp trek is not for the faint-hearted.
Be prepared to walk for approx 6 hours everyday (and 9 hours on Base Camp day) on steep terrain even when you don't want to Jam Jam anymore and you turn the next corner and say to yourself 'You've got to be kidding me?!'
That being said.....the sense of personal achievement at the end of everyday and the breathtaking scenery along the way makes it an unforgettable experience.
I can honestly say that, to date, this is the best holiday I've ever had. Of course, what makes a holiday is the friends you meet along the way. The Adventure Company guides in Nepal are amazing and a real credit to the organisation. The 16 strong guests looked out for each other and were fun to be with and because of that combination of guest and guides we had a 100% success rate to Base Camp.
If you are looking for a challenging but rewarding holiday, then the Everest Base Camp trek is for you.
Other blogs for this trip
- Everest Base Camp
- En route
- We made it!
- Everest Base Camp 11th March 2011
- Everest Base Camp Trek - 4th November 2011
- Everest 2011
- India: Exploring the great north/south divide
- Everest Base Camp: Experiencing the real Nepal
- Everest Base Camp 2nd April : Anyone going ???
- All the hard work is worthwhile on the Everest Base Camp tour
- everest base camp 'base camp buddies'
More blogs by this author
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them