The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
I spent a year living in Costa Rica and loved every minute. Costa Rica is often described as the Switzerland of Latin America, though not on account of its jagged peaks, in fact, apart from a couple of smouldering volcano’s the country is largely dominated by cloud forest. With no army, Costa Rica is considered a safe choice for first time adventurers. With impressive National Parks and spectacular coastlines, Costa Rica is also small enough for proper exploring. Bathe in the natural hot springs beneath the spewing volcano of Arenal or sunbathe on the beach at Manuel Antonio (although watch your valuables as the monkeys are all cleptomaniacs) and trek the magnificent cloud forests of Monteverde (remember your wellies) Costa Rica ranks first in the Happy Planet index and as if that weren’t enough to entice you plans are afoot to make it the first Carbon Neutral country.
For more holiday ideas in Costa Rica visit the Costa Rica overview page
Other blogs for this trip
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them