We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Botswana: The best safari experience in Africa
There are quite a number of places in Africa that offer amazing safari trips by all accounts. I found it a real head scratcher having to deliberate over which country would best suit the needs of my family and I. While Tanzania, Namibia, South Africa and Kenya were all perfectly viable options, I had heard that in order to experience the very rarest breeds of animal and bird, you had to go to Botswana.
Other than watching the Top Gear Africa Special, in which the hapless Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May attempted to drive across the Kalahari Desert and Makgadikgadi Pans in three rundown cars, I had no real experience of Botswana. However, I can now confirm it is every bit as good as people had told me.
This really was the ultimate safari tour. The Okavango Delta, in my opinion, is the most enchanting and extraordinary place in the world. It covers a gigantic region and is a huge source of fresh water, which makes it a magnet for some of the most exotic animals on the continent. The few days I spent staying in a tented camp alongside my loved ones in the Delta are among the best I have ever experienced. As well as being awe-struck by the array of wildlife passing before my eyes, I also found the landscape completely mesmerising.
Everywhere you look there is stunning scenery and it is so far removed from what I am used to in the UK. The sheer simplicity of the place added to the appeal of the country. There are no fast food chains or the same old retail outlets to divert your attention. Being in Botswana really does allow you to be at one with nature and I, for one, cannot wait to go again.
More blogs by this author
- Experience the Volcanoes of Costa Rica
- Tanzania offers an all-round holiday experience
- Insider's view: An Indian Summer
- Family Summer Holidays in Andorra
- Tanzania had me feeling like a child in a sweet shop
- Jordan is family-friendly as well as fascinating
- Turkey is my ultimate activity holiday hotspot
- India's stunning architecture left me amazed
- Take the Rongai Route for an alternative view of Tanzania
- Our Sri Lankan elephant safari was awe-inspiring
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them