Contact Us Sales Team
Monday - Thursday 9am - 7pm
Friday 9am - 6pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm
Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm
Tues 24th 9am - 5pm
Wed 25th Closed
Thu 26th Closed
Fri 27th 9am - 5pm
Sat 28th 9am - 5pmSun 29th Closed
Mon 30th 9am - 5pm
Tues 31st 9am - 5pm
Wed 1st Closed
- Responsible Travel
We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Experience the Volcanoes of Costa Rica
The Arenak Volcano in Costa Rica is one of the country's 50 or more volcanoes. Over the past fifty years the Arenal volcano has been the most active of the country's six active volcanoes. An Adventure Companyholiday in Costa Rica can include time in the Arenal National Park, enjoying thermal springs and heated pools whilst viewing the Arenal volcano. A recent visitor to Costa Rica shared this blog post with us...
"It had always been an ambition of mine to see a live volcano, so a holiday in Costa Rica was always going to appeal. The Central American country is home to the Arenal volcano, which was the main focus of my trip. If you were to ask someone to draw a picture of the perfect volcano, the chances are they would sketch something that looks like Arenal. Towering above the Costa Rican skyline, the volcano takes on an almost perfect cone shape and smoke and ash can be seen bellowing angrily out of the top. It is an amazing sight at any time of the day, but I thought it offered the most memorable views at dusk, as the bright orange lava stood out even more against the dark sky. A truly magical image.
I took my family to see some of the many thermal springs and heated pools that are dotted around the area. I was so blown away by the volcano that I was in no rush to leave and I spent the next day wondering around the Arenal National Park. Covering nearly 30,000 acres, there were plenty of places for us to explore and we saw an array of mammals and wildlife, not to mention a plethora of rare native birds.
It would have been foolish to come all this way without taking in the many fascinating sights that San Jose has to offer. The first thing that struck me was the diversity of the architecture, as a lot of the buildings appear to have a distinct European influence, but have been constructed in a very Costa Rican way.
It is easy to see why thousands of people visit this part of the world each year. It is full of museums, parks, hotels, theatres, galleries and top class restaurants. Although the Arenal volcano was the ultimate highlight of my break, I will always cherish my memories of San Jose."
Other blogs for this trip
More blogs by this author
- Tanzania offers an all-round holiday experience
- Insider's view: An Indian Summer
- Family Summer Holidays in Andorra
- Tanzania had me feeling like a child in a sweet shop
- Jordan is family-friendly as well as fascinating
- Turkey is my ultimate activity holiday hotspot
- India's stunning architecture left me amazed
- Take the Rongai Route for an alternative view of Tanzania
- Our Sri Lankan elephant safari was awe-inspiring
- Take the Machame Route for the ultimate Kilimanjaro experience
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them