We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Family Summer Holidays in Andorra
I was under the impression that Andorra - that tiny principality between France and Spain - was great for skiing, but not much else. How wrong I was. Like me, many people hold the false belief that everything in this beautiful part of Europe closes down as soon as the snow melts, but this couldn't be further from the truth. Andorra has plenty to offer people who are looking for the ultimate summer activity holiday, much to my delight.
With the sublime view of the Pyrenees in the background, you really would be hard pressed to find a destination that provides so much high-octane fun in such a gorgeous location. The first thing I did was familiarise myself with the landscape by trekking to the top of Pic Maia and the views from the summit were absolutely stunning.
Once we came back down, we decided to take a bike ride around the area. This really is one of the best ways to see this fascinating part of the world, although regular breaks are needed due to the blazing sunshine. While cycling around the Cortals Valley, we were able to test our pedalling skills on part of the official Tour of Spain route, which was a real treat.
There is something for all the family and while I was patrolling La Caldea on foot, my wife took our daughter on a horse riding trip. We were reunited when we all piled into a huge raft, before embarking on a white knuckle ride down the famous old Smugglers Route, which - as the name suggests - was used to transport illegal goods between France and Spain during the Spanish Civil War.
For such a small place, there really is so much to explore and with a multitude of activities and luxury spas at your disposal, there is no way that you or your family will be complaining of boredom during your holiday.
More blogs by this author
- Experience the Volcanoes of Costa Rica
- Tanzania offers an all-round holiday experience
- Insider's view: An Indian Summer
- Tanzania had me feeling like a child in a sweet shop
- Jordan is family-friendly as well as fascinating
- Turkey is my ultimate activity holiday hotspot
- India's stunning architecture left me amazed
- Take the Rongai Route for an alternative view of Tanzania
- Our Sri Lankan elephant safari was awe-inspiring
- Take the Machame Route for the ultimate Kilimanjaro experience
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them