We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
5 Family Holiday Destinations with a Difference
Schools Out! Now, how to entertain the family through the summer. At The Adventure Company we have a wide range of Family Holidays and Family Adventure Holidays to suit all ages of children and all sizes of family.
As the summer stretches ahead of us, we present 5 family holidays you may not have considered. All leaving soon, all available to book today.
1. Malta and Gozo - A Family Holiday for smaller children
Ideal for families with younger children this trip allows you to discover the Maltese islands from tranquil and rural Gozo to the historic fortifications of Valetta's Grand Harbour. Explore by jeep and by bike, spend the day learning about the life of a local shepherd before swimming and snorkelling in the crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean.
With a flight time of 3 hours, Malta is a quick hop to sunshine, where the kids can enjoy time in the hotel swimming pool or in the sea, before a Jeep Safari takes you to see the The diminutive island of Gozo. Kids can feed the sheep at the Ager Foundation or snorkel in the Mediterranean of the tiny island of Comino (popular, 4!)
There is also plenty of time for your family to explore the island yourself or find that special spot on the beach.
Find out more about the Malta And Gozo Adventure here
2. Active Turkey Family Holiday
Turkey is an ideal holiday for teenage families 12+. This Turkey family holiday is in the coastal town of Kas, which has developed a reputation as one of Turkey’s best spots for action and adventure. Try your hand at Sea Kayaking and sail the Turquoise coast.
Try your hand at Scuba Diving with options for PADI qualified divers or the chance to learn in some of Turkey's beautiful water (T's & C's apply) or enjoy Mountain Biking or a Jeep Excurision. There is plenty to keep your teenagers active on this Turkey Holiday. There is of course, also plenty of time to relax by the pool or enjoy the local beaches.
See more about the Turkey Holiday here
3. Galapagos - Enchanted Islands Family Holiday
Try a family holiday with a real difference. The Galapagos Islands are famous from Darwin's voyage on the Beagle and their unique collection of animals.
Straddling the equator, this family holiday is aboard a yacht as you cruise around the islands visiting beaches including Tower (Genovesa), considered to be one of the most spectacular Islands in the Galapagos for bird species.
Las Bachas & North Seymour could bring you face to face with Greater Flamingos, Blue-footed boobies and Sea Lions. There is still plenty of time to snorkel and enjoy the comfort of your yacht plus a chance to explore Quito in Ecuador. Here marks the spot of the equator. It is possible to see how water drains clockwise on one side of the equator and anti-clockwise on the other!
See more about the Galapagos Family Holiday here
4. Africa Family Holiday - Big Cats & Dunes
Namibia offers a wonderful variety of experiences with excellent camping in unique locations and striking scenery like nowhere else. Meet cheetahs, elephants, rhinos, fur seals and Himba tribespeople amid massive sand dunes. This ideal family safari will astonish and fulfil.
Sleep under canvas in the desert, drive in the darkness to witness the most spectacular sunrises.
At Swakopmund you can take a trip off the coast to go dolphin spotting or you could choose something with a bit more adrenalin such as sand-boarding. For those looking to see more of the country take a flight in search of elusive desert elephants and see shipwrecks along the Skeleton Coast. Alternatively you can relax on the beach and see the largest quartz crystal in the world.
See more about this African Family Holiday here
5. An Active Pyrenees Family Holiday
Squeezed between Spain and France, the mountainous principality of Andorra is a perfect place for an action-packed summer family activity week. Walking to the beautiful Siscaro Lakes and in the stunning Incles Valley. There’s plenty of chance for mountain biking, including going through the Cortals Valley and downhill into Spain where you can try white water rafting down world-class rivers near Sort. While on this family holiday there’s also the chance to get off the beaten track with a 4x4 guided excursion along the old smugglers’ routes. The mountain scenery is fantastic, the climate perfect and the experiences thrilling!
See more about this Pyrenees Family Holiday here
Other blogs for this trip
- Family Summer Holidays in Andorra
- Why it's good to go on a family holiday
- My experience of a Single Parent Holiday in Turkey
- Why Turkey is the place to go for a family holiday
- Watching Turtles on our Family Holiday in Turkey
- Take a look at a Turkey Family Holiday
- Turkey is my ultimate activity holiday hotspot
More blogs by this author
- Win a £100 Sports Direct Voucher in our Spot The Ball Competition
- Top 5 reasons to keep smiling about Thailand
- Family Holidays from The Adventure Company
- Find us on Facebook and other social networks
- Vote for your Facebook Adventure Holiday Image of 2013
- Take a look at a Turkey Family Holiday
- What to expect from a Kilimanjaro Trek
- What to expect from a Tanzania Safari
- Five unmissable sights on a Sri Lankan Holiday
- Experience Rick Stein's India with The Adventure Company
Write a blog entry
We have over 10,000 people signed up to our community. Share your travel experiences with them