The Adventure Company offers over 250 activity holidays to many destinations spanning every continent. We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Hands On Trips – conservation & your help
- Collection Trips – added comfort & style
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Expedition Cruises – polar experiences
- Photographic Holidays - photos for families
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
Explore Tehran, the Persian capital
Persepolis - heart of the Great Persian Empire
Shiraz, the city of poets
Adventures in Iran
With a history stretching back 6,000 years, Iran’s central location means it has long occupied an important position on the world stage. With a place in the history books for being part of the cradle of civilisation and the birthplace of backgammon, the Persian tongue - known as Farsi - is considered to be one of the oldest languages still in use today.
However, it is Iran’s dramatic contrasts that make it such a fascinating destination to explore and sets it apart from many other of its Middle Eastern neighbours. Six times bigger than the UK, the land encompasses snow-capped mountains and vast desert plains which, in turn, means Iran boasts four ‘proper’ and very distinctive seasons.
This extraordinary diversity continues with vibrant modern-day Iran positioned beside an unforgettable backdrop of UNESCO World Heritage Sites, of which the ancient ruins of Persepolis and the Royal Mosque of Isfahan are perhaps the most famous. Similarly, its liberal and enormously welcoming people contrast with the government’s conservative image.
The country is perhaps most associated with its artistic legacy. From magnificent architecture famed for its use of domes, arches and intricate design and influential literature to elaborate carpets and exquisitely flavoured cuisine, all combine to ensure an unforgettable holiday for the culturally inquisitive.