Tom is perhaps one of the luckiest 13 year olds we know - he just got back from Costa Rica and...
We have many perfect destinations for your adventure travel, whatever your needs
Featured private group holidays
Fancy one of our fantastic adventures but only want to travel with people you know? Do it your way as a private group. We make private group trips for everyone, from big families to scouts and cadets.
- Activity Holidays – all action adventure
- Cultural Tours – lost cities & local life
- Wildlife Holidays – global wildlife encounters
- Trekking Holidays – peaks & summits
- Astronomy Tours – eclipses & stargazing
- Charity Holidays - do something amazing
- School Trips - exciting school trips abroad
- Northern Lights Tours - aurora borealis
- Private Groups - Create your own group
Feature adventure holidays
We’ve developed a range of dedicated solo holidays & solo travel packages; exclusively for people booking on their own. Around 40% of all our passengers are solo travellers.
The Terracotta Warriors
The Great Wall
The Three Gorges
Adventure holidays in China
Magic of the Orient
Few places on Earth are as evocative and full of wonder as the Far East and so it’s not surprising the ideal holiday in China can be hard to find – there is just so much to do! The amassed army of Terracotta Warriors – buried some 22 centuries ago to guard the tomb of Emperor Qin Shi Huang and only discovered in 1974 is an amazing sight; as is the awe-inspiring discipline of the Shaolin Monks practising the art of kung fu with stunning strength and agility. China adventure tours also include the unique landscapes of Guilin, the blend of the ancient and the modern in Beijing, walking the Great Wall, the modern, vibrant cities of Hong Kong and Shanghi, cruising the Yangtse River through the famous Three Gorges and of course, observing giant pandas in Chengdu.
For those interested in culture and countries with long, rich and vibrant histories, it doesn’t really get any better than China travel. The list of sights is practically endless, and near on impossible to co-ordinate when travelling alone which is what makes an Adventure Company organised tour the ideal option for those wanting to experience the wonders of the Orient on a limited timescale.
Worldwide China Trips
On our adult China trips you can:
- Explore imperial Beijing
- See the mighty Terracotta Warriors
- Walk the Great Wall of China
- Take a river boat ride to see the Three Gorges
- Watch lively and colourful cultural performances or try Tai Chi
- Wander modern Shanghai taking in the art deco buildings and narrow winding lanes.
Family China Trip
On our family China trips you can:
- Learn Kung Fu from the masters
- Ride the retro tram through Hong Kong
- Visit the Longmen Caves - a wonder to behold
- Meet China's finest pandas at the Panda Research Centre
- Ride through the countryside of Yangshuo with your family.
Family holidays in China
A family holiday to China really brings ancient history to life. What child won’t be impressed by the amassed ranks of the Terracotta Warriors, the sight of the Great Wall snaking into the distance or getting up close to endangered giant pandas? China is a destination that children learn about at school and so to visit on a family adventure holiday is a brilliant opportunity – it’s just slightly embarrassing when they show up the adults with their already extensive knowledge of the region!